My new EP - Listen here

• Hi everyone. My 3-song EP has hit the web. :)

For those interested, this work is of significant personal meaning. The songs contained within represent three very different stages of my life. Each song was written during a time when I was struggling with some form of abuse, depression, anxiety, and at one point, homelessness. I never had a chance to record them until a few years ago. My son convinced me last week to publish them publicly.

Every guitar and bass track was recorded with the Kemper, feat. profiles by Michael Britt, Bert Meulendijk, and more.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/al…at-home-single/1434332226

https://play.google.com/music/…ed_at_Home_-_Mighty_Pudge

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• OK, tried again today as promised, and I've had the "spinning arrow circle" for 70 minutes and not heard a note yet (first track - "Girlfriend").

Guess the internet speed requirement's beyond my pay grade, 'Pudgie. So sorry, mate!

EDIT:
    I'll keep the link on my desktop and try it whenever I sense I have more speed to burn...

• Also, on the YouTubes. Maybe this will be easier to access.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• PooToob to the rescue. 5-second wait at 144p as opposed to Google Play's 70 minutes and nothing. This is one of the main reasons I like PooToob; it's low-bandwidth-friendly, even more so than SoundCloud which often throws the "Something's wrong" message at me if a page doesn't load quickly-enough.

Very cool, 'Pudgie!

I loved the variety in feel and groove. The rhythm playing in Rev was in-the-pocket, man. Great tones and leads sounds from your Kemper too.

All I can say is well done, mate, and thank you for sharing! 8o

EDIT:
    The only influence that's obvious to me is Vai in City Lights, correct?

• Thanks everyone, glad you dig the tunes.

The only influence that's obvious to me is Vai in City Lights, correct?

If that's true, I am amazed. Because I am definitely a thief in the nighttime. I steal from everyone! When I listen to myself play, I hear every guitar player that has ever influenced me, only played badly. :)

Yeah, Vai was a big influence for me back in the day. I haven't listen to him in ages, but some things just stick with you.

• Hi Mightypudge

Great job man ! :thumbup:
    Great guitar and nice ideas around !
    How you recorded it ? The sound is marvelous... really good !!!!
    I guess the Kemper was connected with s/pdif out...

rock on!

Edited once, last by Farko63 ().