Morphing via exp pedal inits with lower settings.

• Hey guys,

yesterday i hooked up my Ernie Ball EB6180 VP-JR with the kemper and used it as expression pedal.
    This works just barely exaptable but it works.

I setup a rig morphing to manipulate the amp gain from like 40% lowest gain to 70% highest gain.
    So far this works fine. I stored the rig with the amp set to 70% gain. If i switch to this rig in performance mode the amp is
    always initially set back to 40%

Am I doing something wrong here ? Is the morphing feature always set to minimum value first ? Or why does the kemper set
    the amp to 40% even if i stored it with 70% gain ?

• Yeah thats what i kinda guessed.

Is there a way to tell the rig to set everything to toe position instead ?

Or am i forced to setup my morphing so that the heel position is always my default setup ?
    Correct me here but isn't that kinda counter intuitive ?

Like in this example i use the exp pedal to back off my amp by going from toe to heel position.
    If i can't change the morphing on that rig i would have to set it up so that i back off the amp going from heel to toe.
    This would just feel kinda wrong to me.

• It always occured to me that u can simply toggle between morphed and unmorphed (using preset selection on midicontroler / floorboard), and dail to any value you like, regardless If its up or down.
    Did you try that?

• It always occured to me that u can simply toggle between morphed and unmorphed (using preset selection on midicontroler / floorboard), and dail to any value you like, regardless If its up or down.
    Did you try that?

I don't have the Kemper Remote im using a Helix to do the switching on the Kemper. Can I setup the Kemper itself to go to an ummorphed state when calling a Rig ?

Correct me if I am wrong ... so you use a VOLUME pedal and use it as an EXPRESSION pedal and it works ?

Like paults already mentioned you can use the Volume Pedal as expression pedal too using an TRS Y-cable.
    But this is just barely usable and may depend on the internal poti.

• I don't have the Kemper Remote im using a Helix to do the switching on the Kemper. Can I setup the Kemper itself to go to an ummorphed state when calling a Rig ?

Like paults already mentioned you can use the Volume Pedal as expression pedal too using an TRS Y-cable.
    But this is just barely usable and may depend on the internal poti.

Can u setup the helix to send cc on program select?

What I do (also no remote). Sending cc50 to select slot one of a performance, gets you the unmorphed state. Pushing it again, resends the cc50, which sets the profile to 100% morphed state.
    (Cc51 for slot 2, cc52 for slot 3...by head...check the manual ;))
    Probably you need to disconnected the exp pedal, else the kpa might recieve data to set different morph status.

• Can u setup the helix to send cc on program select?

What I do (also no remote). Sending cc50 to select slot one of a performance, gets you the unmorphed state. Pushing it again, resends the cc50, which sets the profile to 100% morphed state.
    (Cc51 for slot 2, cc52 for slot 3...by head...check the manual ;))
    Probably you need to disconnected the exp pedal, else the kpa might recieve data to set different morph status.

The Helix is pretty good in terms of Midi switching so i can set up every patch so that it sends multiple Midi commands to the kemper.
    I may have to switch to CC commands and try to figure out how the Kemper behaves in performance mode when getting the CC commands.

The manual is pretty long ;) i a haven't found any informations about this topic in there.