Volume pedal on rig affects all slots in performance mode

• Hi,

I have a performance using 4 slots. For the first slot, I need a volume swell, so set the rig to use the dedicated wah as the volume pedal. This works fine, but has the undesired effect of then causing all the other slots to use it - and I just need it for the first slot.

Is there a way to assign the volume pedal to ONLY the first slot's rig...?

• By design the Volume Pedal controller maintains its level during Rig changes, It doesn't matter if you are in Performance or Browser Mode or if you change Slots within a Performance or from one Performance to another. What could vary by Rig are Volume Pedal Location and Range. If you set Volume Pedal Range to 0 in a Rig (default is -5) the current value of the Volume Pedal controller is practically irrelevant. So, you could leave Pedal Range at -5 in those Rigs you want to use the swell and store it at 0 in those Rigs where the current position of the Volume Pedal shouldn't matter.

If you want to swell only occasionally, it might be more efficient to do the following: Instead of configuring your expression pedal as Wah Pedal and link Volume Pedal to it, configure it as Morph Pedal and link Wah Pedal to it. Makes no difference for your Wah Effects. For your swells you can now morph Rig Volume in those Rigs, where that is your intend.

• Thanks, was going to do that - but I found another way. By using the Chorus Organ preset delay type at 100% wet, and setting the volume swell to around 30%, I can get the effect I need without needing to use any external pedals :)

• ...configure it as Morph Pedal and link Wah Pedal to it. Makes no difference for your Wah Effects.

This is unfortunately not true, at least when using a pedal attached to the Remote. Linking Morph to Wah causes noticeable lag in the wah response, as opposed to setting it up as a pure wah pedal. I've talked about this before in a thread with one of the developers, if indeed it wasn't your good self, Burkhard.