Ditto Jam X2, Freqout and mimq in the Loop?

• Hi Guys,

i´d like to incooperate the following three pedals in my live setup and if possible control 2 (not the looper) with the remote. Is there a smart way to do it, with the least amount of cables?

Cheers

I think this will not be feasible.
    Why?
    The Mimiq and the Freqout belong in a loop in slot A or B, in any case pre-stack.
    The Ditto X2 Jam belongs after the stack.

If you don't want to use Mimiq/Freqout and Ditto at the same time you can put them all in the loop and place the loop accordingly pre stack (for use with Mimiq/Freqout) or post stack (for use with the Ditto) accordingly.
    Still you would have to operate the footswitches of the pedals because they mustn’t remain all on for the different use cases.
    So this is very awkward

Personally I would put the Ditto X2 Jam in the Kemper Loop and use Mimiq/Freqout before the Profiler.

• Hi Ingolf,

thanks for your reply.

I allready thought, that this not easy or even impossible, hence my feature request for the listening looper and the mimiq.

Why would you use the mimiq pre stack? Don´t you loose the stereo image, since slots A to D are only mono? Or ist that the compromise, to use all three pedals somehow?

• Isn't the Ditto X2 Jam mono anyway?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• The Ditto: Yes, but The Mimiq: No. The whole point of the mimiq is to create a double tracked-ish stereo field.

absolutely. Not sure the mimiq will work correctly on multiple loops though?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hi flitzefinger, i run the Mimiq and the DittoX4, how have you set yours up in the kemper?

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Ah yes, I made a mistake. Freqout goes before the Kemper, Ditto and Mimiq go in the loop post stack (Ditto goes into Mimiq). ;)

• Hi flitzefinger, i run the Mimiq and the DittoX4, how have you set yours up in the kemper?

Ash

Hi Ash,

at the moment I´m still in the testing stage and have yet to decide, which Pedal will stay in my setup. I´m sure the Mimiq will stay. It works nicely in the live world. We´ll see about the Ditto Jam. I have the idea to use the monitor or main jack output to the looper and then ditto output to a seperat channel on the FOH mixer. Phasing? Maybe...I still have to test...

• No prob here are some options hope they help :)
    Mimiq is used before the kemper

Ditto conections...Config one

DittoX4 TR cable (mono) going to the Direct output/send of the kemper
    Then TWO TRS cables in the DittoX4 out put going to the Return input and Alternate input of the kemper

Mixer set up...+ one more

If you want the full Profiler signal inside your looper you will have to use an external 4 channel mixer. Configure the direct out and the monitor out as Master Left and Master right-feed that into the Ditto and connect the outputs of the ditto to 2 channels of a mixer panned left and right and connect the main outs of the Profiler to channels 3 and 4 of your mixer. Then connect the mixers outputs to your cab. This will also allow you to balance the levels of the loops and the Profiler main outs easily.

If you do not need the monitor out ...Configure the direct out and the monitor out as Mod Left and Mod right and then connect the direct out and the monitor out with the inputs of your Ditto. Then connect the outputs of the Ditto with the return and the alternative input of the Profiler and use the Aux in function in the output menu to mix that signal back into the Profiler master stereo signal that comes out of your main outs.
    The downside is that you cannot use the delay and the reverb of the Profiler in your loops. (Both from support)

I have another Configuration since i have a mission stereo cabinet.

So Kemper main outs 2 standard guitar (TS) cables -> Ditto input(s) (has left and right stereo input)
    Ditto X 4 output - Thonmann cable into mission cab.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.