Are some of you guys on the Guitar Summit?

• Ah, Ash! Nice 2 meet u again. I remember you well. Well, welcome back is a bit too early. Getting a second Kemper is my number 15 on my priority list atm ...
    Plus, it is only a tool. Not really important, writing music, playing in a band is more important, IMHO. If i had the money the KPA would be back yesterday, though.
    I have sold the proflied plexi too. Haha! That you keep using the profiles is nice! :thumbup: Smoking is my nemesis, but hey i do not drink, have lost 12 kilos, i am in good shape, best ever actually. Nice 2 c u m8, maybe sooner or later here. Nice so many did not forget me.

I was at the guitar summit. It was interesting, way better than Musikmesse Frankfurt. But no re-invention of the wheel tbh.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Hey, at least you spend a lot of time trying your best to capture the Plexi back in the day, so you'll still "have it" in that sense, Geraldo. 8)

Smoking is my nemesis...

Nicky's recipe for guilt-free smoking:

1) Buy the German "Manitou Organic" tobacco.
    2) Smoke it through a pipe.

1) Will remove those thousands of chemical additives from your life (they're what cause toxicity-related diseases, IOW, all those associated with smoking except emphysema and moisture-related issues).
    2) Will eliminate the scarring effect (tiny burn marks on your lungs' alveoli that result in scarring and therefore compromise oxygen absorption) of hot ash particles' hitting them - all cigarette, joint and chillum-pipe smoking produces these.

Your lungs and trachea move undesirable particles upwards towards your mouth using tiny hairs at the rate of, IIRC, 8mm / minute. This constant action is a part of our design, so by "simulating" the breathing of smoke from bushfires, BBQs, camp fires and whatnot, which is what I've recommended would achieve (minus the embers thanks to the water pipe), you're effectively operating within the bounds of nature, albeit with added pressure on the previously-described elimination system.

One last thing - I've argued for decades that my recommendations are technically-non-toxic, and I stand by that. A recent discovery in horticulture happens to confirm what I've been saying all along:
    Some growers are now applying what they call "smoke water" (water containing smoke - duh) and finding that it benefits plants in many ways. If it were toxic in any way, this would not be the case. If you attempted to use smoke water made with cigarettes, you'd kill 'em, no doubt.

Rant over. Hope this helps with your nemesis, Brother Geraldo, and get your ass back to Kemper Land™ pronto, bud. ;)

• Hi Geraldo, I remember you and just thought you got bored of the forums. Interesting that you sold your Kemper and now want one again, I did that once and had to buy another.

But 8 totally agree with you, it's more important to be making music and playing out than worrying if your gear is not as good as player X. In the end of the day, if your playing smokes, nobody is going to care about what you're playing through.

Hopefully you will get one sooner than you think, now that you have started this thread ;)

• In the end of the day, if your playing smokes, nobody is going to care about what you're playing through

Actually, I find the opposite is true. No one cares what rig the crappy guitar player is playing through, as his playing makes anything sound rubbish. On the other hand, everyone wants to know what the great guitar player is playing through, even though he makes anything sound good :wacko:
    We all want to believe that the greats have some secret that makes them sound awesome, and if only we could all be in on it, then we would sound great, too. Just not true ;(

• Actually, I find the opposite is true. No one cares what rig the crappy guitar player is playing through, as his playing makes anything sound rubbish. On the other hand, everyone wants to know what the great guitar player is playing through, even though he makes anything sound good :wacko: We all want to believe that the greats have some secret that makes them sound awesome, and if only we could all be in on it, then we would sound great, too. Just not true ;(

well, yes and yes. 8o BOTH is true. Fun facts.

1. Sell your house and buy a dumble amp. Buy a custom PRS for 8K dollars. Do you honestly think you'll sound like Carlos? :S
    2. I have played my best solo totally off of my head with a fender squire guitar for less than 170 Euro. :love:
    3. I have recorded my best song yet (available for free on youtube, Summer Night) with a 5 year-old profile of a fractal rig. True story. :pinch::?::?:
    4. The "I want his amp, because artist so-and-so sounds so good with it" is a trap everyone of us has fallen into.
    5. Periphery mastermind Misha Mansoor makes real money only with his endorsements, because number 4 {see above} is so valid and everybody wants to sound like him, buying his (at least in the case of his guitars) overpriced stuff.
    6. Go figure!
    7. Have a nice day! 8)

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Actually, I find the opposite is true. No one cares what rig the crappy guitar player is playing through, as his playing makes anything sound rubbish. On the other hand, everyone wants to know what the great guitar player is playing through, even though he makes anything sound good :wacko: We all want to believe that the greats have some secret that makes them sound awesome, and if only we could all be in on it, then we would sound great, too. Just not true ;(

Sorry, I think there is some confusion about what I meant by "your playing smokes". It was supposed to be more akin to that Mask movie ("smoking!") rather than sucking.

If a player sucks, it really doesn't matter what they're playing through. But what's interesting is when a super guitar player plays through some rig that is not his signature equipment. You can get better ideas of the actual tone from videos of that imho, rather than some censored bullcrap where they tell you what you should publish/broadcast

• I don't think there was any confusion, AJ.

We all know that great players can make "anything" sound good, and yet we still tend to fall into the trap of thinking that if we could just acquire such and such a piece of equipment 'cause [insert guitar hero here] uses it and it must therefore be a part of his or her secret, that it'd help us be better players somehow.

• Since i save up and only buy high end gear a dood once was really interested in some of my gear, he also smoked...he went on and on about how some of this gear sounded and was just blown away, he had to have it, i asked him how long he had been smoking for.

I got out my Ipod calculator(high end one :D ) and did a few clicks, i showed him the figure he has spent on this habit and compared it to how much GEAR he could of bought by now.

He gave up 3 weeks later.
    He saved a lot of money after that.
    True story.

And no it was not AJ :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Welcome back @Geraldo7

I'm not sure what the Guitar Summit event is, but it sounds cool. Can you explain a little?

Nice to see one of the early guys back on the scene. You and I did alot of tips on the Midiraider and Allaccess programming troubles pre KPA Remote days. Good to have you back mate!

• Welcome back @Geraldo7

I'm not sure what the Guitar Summit event is, but it sounds cool. Can you explain a little?

Nice to see one of the early guys back on the scene. You and I did alot of tips on the Midiraider and Allaccess programming troubles pre KPA Remote days. Good to have you back mate!

Thank you for your kind words! :)

First things first. I am a member in various forums. You name it, been there. Cubase forum, english and german. Sevenstrings.org, Fractal forum. Facebook guitarist community. Some unknown german forums, and last but not least hundreds of gamer sites. This forum here is by far the best because this the only place where people respect each other even if they have a different opinion. So, yes. I do miss you guys. <3 But life moves on, i have a different preamp now and well some things i have to sort out in my life. Anyway, thx to all here!

The Guitar Summit. I remember quite well when i had met @Eltzejupp and @Guidorist at the Frankfurter Musikmesse 2016. And we all said in unison: never again! The german mag Gitarre&Bass took the chance immediately and inaugurated this new event in the wonderful location of the Rosengarten in Mannheim in 2017. After 29 years they are connected all over the world. I stood two meters from Phil X and Pete Thorn at the Mayones stand. And played a 7-string of Mayones. I have met youtuber Simon from France. Among many others. I saw Uli Jon Roth in the halls and and and. The workshop (free) with Victor Smolski with headphones was awesome. The two concert nights were brilliant. Long story short:
    If you are anywhere on the planet in 2019, get a friggin' ticket asap. cheers.