Kemper DI Box review -

• MKB, Cool and Thanks. I had seen it before. Yes a simple design but effective. I too had designed circuits and their layouts for switchmode supplies, but haven't used Mentor Graphics in years. I think in their design they split the resistor values into more than one for either wattage dissipation or they may have wanted to keep the design with 1/4W resistors and maybe for using a pick and place machine? Cheers! 8)

Very good, I've used OrCAD and Cadence since maybe 1988 or so. Perhaps they use through hole parts as the quantities they sell are better made by hand; in all the assembly houses I've visited in the last decade or so, there isn't a single pick and place for through hole parts. You can easily get 1\4W surface mount resistors all over the place.

I have sort of more or less tried to reverse engineer what Kemper is doing from just the pictures, and no topology popped out at me from that picture. However I didn't consider the zero ohm resistors, thanks for pointing that out.

• Hi! Tell me, can I use BIG SHOT ABY (true bypass amplifier switcher) instead of PROFILER DI BOX?

Is there a danger of connecting through it? He is passive.

Don't do it. You will severly damage your Kemper if you use this pedal instead DI box. You really need a DI box because it will give you a line level signal for your Kemper. ABY switchers will not lower the signal to line level and you will fry the Kemper.