Laney LFR-112

• Initial thoughts.

I like it. A lot. Compared to Friedman ASM12, Matrix FR10 or studio monitors, it's relatively transparent. A little bit boomy perhaps, but nothing you can't fix via KPA's output section. No audible hiss! Yep, that's right! Also, no radiator back so hopefully I will not be getting burned after a gig anymore. Not sure how it sounds with some heavier profiles as 9 PM is not the best time to test my neighbors' patience. However, I'm definitely going to keep it. In fact, with that price I'm already thinking about buying another one. That's a darn good value for the price.

Will put it to a serious test on the next rehearsal, including other modes of the unit (1x12 and 4x12 cab emulation). Cons... it's a wee bit heavy, but still a feather compared to Friedman. Plus I'm already missing loudness correction DSP mode which I had in Matrix.

• Would be great if you can tell us more soon. I´m interested in this box too.

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• So, it's damn loud. At home I didn't have courage to increase the volume above 2/10 and the sound was maaaassive. At the rehearsal 4 was more than enough to cope with our drummer's blood-sweat-and-tears mode.
    I really like how the cab sounds with my Bassman, Twin or Supro profiles, sounded full, clear, simply impeccable. I'm also convinced by sound of some of heavy gain profiles; 5150 and dual rec sounded great.
    I did not test the 1x12 and 4x12 emulation.

My verdict is, this frfr cab is huge value for the money. Huge.

And it actually looks like a cab, a heavy one, but a cab nevertheless.

Plus I'll bet HF trim will come in handy, nice way to deal with a room's acoustics without touching your profiles.

• I really like how the cab sounds with my Bassman, Twin or Supro profiles, sounded full, clear, simply impeccable. I'm also convinced by sound of some of heavy gain profiles; 5150 and dual rec sounded great

I'm interested in these as I moved to a new house with a large basement.

Did you have any experience with HS series from yamaha , my reference ? I'm afraid of losing some chimey treble qualities on voxes profiles , as I experienced a real quality tone loss on some ALTOs I did compare to my HS7.

• That's the Matrix's feature I miss. DSP loudness correction mode in matrix did the trick nicely. Laney LFR112 sounds OKeyish at low volume. At least to my ear. Dunno... It sounds just fine at bedroom-volume level.

• Hi everyone,

Just got mine from Andertons UK who did a price match.

First impression are it’s big, but not too big and heavier than I thought, but still not as heavy as a tube amp combo!

On hoking up with my PRS SE to my favourite Kemper Profiles it sounded beautiful on 2 to 3 volume. Found its better to roll the Kemper back a bit and push to Laney to 3.

All I can say is it’s about 18 months since I had a tube amp and I’m so impressed after an hours playing. It “feels” like an amp can as you play it and even at 3, i would be loud for a bedroom.

I was torn for ages between getting this (very few reviews yet) and Atomic CLR (would have been about another 6 months saving!).

Never test drove a CLR but if it’s better than this then it would be barely perceptible to my ears. Someone said this gives 90% and CLR gives 100......well if 90% sounds this good then you can keep your extra 10% for the extra £500. I could even get another one for that price and have change!

One thing I messed up on was before plugging in I put both dials to zero, being cautious with the volume/speaker for first use........it sounded horrible! Quick check of the manual made me see I’d turned the treble all the wall off! Set it to “full” then roll back a little and it sounds incredible.

All I can say is for £330 this works beautifully with the Kemper, on cleans, crunches and high gain.

The front light is beautiful if in a “hazy” late night playing mood!

Highly highly recommend!!!!

• I wonder if they got the idea from me? :) I posted on here how I took one of their 112's and put a full range speaker in it. Except they added a power amp. I think it would have made sense to have a non-powered version like I made for us who already have a powered Kemper.

• Anyone have any comparison between this and the HeadRush FRFR? I got the HeadRush in a rushed decision because I needed something.

This however.. is calling my name right now. Especially if it's only $79 more via Thomann.

Any input would be awesome.

Compared to Friedman ASM12, Matrix FR10 or studio monitors, it's relatively transparent.

Not sure what this means-flat? I own a pair of ASM-12's and and with the 100hz cut engaged they are fairly flat.

Please say what "transparent" means to you. Thanks.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• i ordered one because I just ordered Headrush FRFR 108 before and it sounds very good and would be enough, but some profiles are also very boomy when palm muting. Just want to test the Laney LFR 112 against the Headrush and take one of that two then. Hopefully the Laney isn't too loud because it will only be used at home (that's why I ordered the FRFR 108 initially).

I know the "boom" can be the interieur mainly but I wanna check.. also I like the cab look of the LFR..

• Has anyone in this thread tried the LFR-112 with bass guitar?

So far all the reviews are from guitarists, which is good for me as a guitarist, but bad for me as a bassist. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks.