Morph function for leads

• Ive only played two gigs so far and have only owned my Kemper for a little over a month but I just have to say that from an old pedal stomping guy, this remote is incredible. Specifically for lead tones. On each of my 5 profiles (clean through brutally heavy) on my main "performance" page, I have used the morph function to set up lead tones. Before Kemper, I had to hit a boost pedal and delay or similar pedal basically simultaneously during leads. With the Kemper, I can simply hit the same button I'm already on (morph) and I'm on my lead tone with boost, maybe more gain, delay, usually reverb taken completely out....all with the push of one button. It has completely changed my live gigs. It is so much easier. And with 5 different profiles, and I use them all in my cover band, I can set each boosted lead tone differently. Some I want more delay or a different type of delay. Some maybe a touch of chorus. Some more gain, others just more volume. Before, my pedals were all set the same regardless of which channel I happened to be using on my amp. And so the only real stomping I do is the few flavors I have loaded into the stomp section. Tremolo for some CCR, harmony effect for the solo in Were Not Gonna Take It.....it's very minimal. If you have not used the morph function in this way, I highly recommend it. Anyway, thank you Kemper for making my live experience even more enjoyable!!

• As a side note...I see that in most tutorial videos, they are setting up a single "performance" to do one song. So that button 1 might be a sound for the intro. 2 might be the main verse. 3 chorus. 4 lead....etc. I suppose that would work for some applications but for me, in a live setting, I dont want to be scrolling up and down to find the "performance" for each song. I really only need 5 great profiles. And I do have a few special tones, for example a great Brown Sound from Top Jimi and my MBritt SRV tone that I keep in a different "performance" titled "Signature tones". Aside from that, it makes more sense for me to just have easy access to my 5 basic tones. To each his own!

• @Southdakota

Just been experimenting with this and it works great. However, I am not sure if I am missing something really stupid.

With the Kemper, I can simply hit the same button I'm already on (morph) and I'm on my lead tone with boost, maybe more gain, delay, usually reverb taken completely out....all with the push of one button.

I can't seem to find a way to turn Stomps or FX on/off with morph. Are you setting the base tone as having the delay (for example) as on but with a mix level of 0 then increasing the mix level with the morphed sound. Likewise, if I want to add a boost pedal or OD are you setting them as on but with 0 mix level for the base tone and simply increasing the mix when you morph? Or am I missing something?

• @Southdakota

Just been experimenting with this and it works great. However, I am not sure if I am missing something really stupid.

I can't seem to find a way to turn Stomps or FX on/off with morph. Are you setting the base tone as having the delay (for example) as on but with a mix level of 0 then increasing the mix level with the morphed sound. Likewise, if I want to add a boost pedal or OD are you setting them as on but with 0 mix level for the base tone and simply increasing the mix when you morph? Or am I missing something?

That's the method i use. Pure boost always on and set at zero for normal and +2db or more for lead tone. I also morph the amp volume from zero to +4db (same effect as the rig volume we are told) and up the delay mix from about 20% for normal to 50% for morphed.

• Cool thanks guys.

The only downside to that for me is morphing back to the base sound doesn't allow delay tails to spillover in the way that engaging the delay via one of the Remote's i - iiii foot switches or using a second performance slot does. I know I can set the morph Fall Time to happen slowly enough to let the tails fade out but that also leaves the gain etc high during the Fall period.

Still, it does seem a really useful way to set up performances for 5 rigs in conjunction with manually turning on/off other effects using the i - iiii switches.

• Morphing is the best feature ever , I use a mission expression pedal to blend in the leads , using a pedal doesn't require me to look down and push a button ... Just rest your foot on the pedal prior to the solo and voila !

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Morphing is the best feature ever , I use a mission expression pedal to blend in the leads , using a pedal doesn't require me to look down and push a button ... Just rest your foot on the pedal prior to the solo and voila !

Raf

... and anywhere in between :)