Song per month challenge.... very late June song using the new spring reverb

• Hello all,

Well, I’m officially very much behind on my little personal challenge as this is the song that should have been out in June and it’s around 10 minutes to September by my watch! I’ll try and get back on track.

https://doubleyou1.bandcamp.com/track/youd-better-run

This has my daughter on lead vocals again and is a song that is very much a ‘Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned’ kind of thing. It’s quite retro sounding due to the spring verb, a Vox Continental keyboard (well, a virtual one anyway) and putting a bit of dirt on the voice.

Hope you like it :)

• Thanks Nicky - appreciate the comments :). She’s got a pretty good set of pipes on her and it’s great fun getting her to sing on these.

Her younger sister is 12 and, when the two of them harmonise it’s fantastic. But the little one is rather shy and, when I put her in front of a mic she tends to clam up. But it’ll come :)

• Thanks for the kind words guys - I really appreciate it :)

Really hope I can make the 12 this year. I started a new job this year and, fortunately, it’s working out well but it’s been very busy. Our eldest daughter (the one in the songs) had her GCSE exams in May and June (these are the big ones they take at 16 here in the U.K. and are important for them to get through to the next stage of their education) so I was helping her out with revising for the subjects I’m ok at. Then we had a heatwave that meant my little recording place was absolutely roasting. Whilst the Aussie on this thread will say ‘that’s nothing’ us lot are more used to rain / snow / fog than we are the yellow ball in the sky :)

So really, the cat ate my homework and other poor excuses mean that I’m badly behind. I will try and sort it but it’s an aspiration rather than a promise.

• Whilst the Aussie on this thread will say ‘that’s nothing’...

That's nothin' mate.

My house goes from 4ºC (my record, but usually around 7 or 8 in winter) to 38->39ºC in summer 'cause I can't afford to run heating or cooling. =O

Of course, this means my fingers are useless from April / May 'til October, so no Kemper! Then when it hits the high 30s, usually around Feb, all tech equipment is shut down for however many weeks. ;(:D

I keep the 'puter running all winter. Sensors read 14ºC ambient (internal) in the Mac, so at least I save money on the fan speed. :D