Good free surf rock profiles?

• Had a list of these already made up -

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Apache - The Shadows (1960)
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Surfin Bird - The Trashmen
    Wipeout - The Surfari's</a>
    Bustin' Surfboards - The Tornadoes</a>
    Diamond Head - The Ventures</a>
    Mr. Moto - Belairs</a>
    Pipeline - The Chantay's</a>
    Walk Don't Run - The Ventures</a>
    Surf Rider - The Lively Ones</a>
    Bullwinkle - The Centurians</a>
    Bullwinkle Part II - The Centurians</a>
    Misrilou - Dick Dale</a>
    Commanche - The Centurians</a>
    Commanche - The Revels</a>

I think most of these are Fender Showman/other Fender amp, but VOX AC15 for Apache 1960.

I really like the free Hays Fender Champ 1967, Hays Wyldebassman, Hays Silverface Bassman - but I use monitors in a DAW setting.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• Bridge or middle pickup on a strat, I’d say. Much easier to get that authentic sound on a jaguar, though, with modern guitars and gear. Put the spring reverb before the Stack with a high mix, with maybe just the tiniest hint of gain on the amp for Dick Dale (you’ll need to experiment), though Shadows is more squeaky clean and delay, rather than ‘verb. I have a Rig set up with a Shadows delay. Once my wife is up, I’ll fire up the KPA and export it for you.

• The guitar of the father of Surf Dick Dale had a 3 way pickup selector so he really didn't do the in between positions, however he had a toggle switch to engage the Bridge and Neck Pickup together which is not found on typical strats. The guitar had no tone control which means it's more open and has more higher frequencies /brighter.

• If you want something that doesn’t require the Spring Reverb preview, Look for an old Ruppert rig named “Surf’s Up”. I think it may have been included in the Factory Content at some point. I’ve used it for several Surf instrumentals that i’ve licensed to music publishers.

What @paults says!
    This rig has been my go-to live surf rig for many years (with slight mods). Great energy and drive. (not for those "Beach Boys" tunes!)

• If you want something that doesn’t require the Spring Reverb preview, Look for an old Ruppert rig named “Surf’s Up”. I think it may have been included in the Factory Content at some point. I’ve used it for several Surf instrumentals that i’ve licensed to music publishers.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/10/Rig-Packs

I downloaded the rig pack with Ruppert but there is no Surfs Up in there!

Also I cannot find it on Rig Exchange!!!

Can somebody mail it to me?? :S

[email protected]

• yep the spring verb pre amp is the most important ingredient. If you have a full hollow or semi hollow it's also a good contribution to some twank in the tone, with a bit of drive that will lead to more garage tones.

I put a rig on rix ex with two different spring pre and post it's called ' Boogie on spring ' ( disengage the post one of course )

you can also hear it in action on this surf inspired track :

Insomnia boogie