Commercial rigs with no effects

• This is kind of hard to answer...

Are you neglecting to turn the effects on, or are you saying that they do not appear in their slots at all?

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Some of the rigs don’t have the effects turned on and some have them on but it doesn’t sound like the demos.
    I downloaded from Tone Junkie, Michael Britt,etc.All reputable sites.
    I’ve also downloaded from the rig exchange and they do have the effects
    Which sound very good.
    Do these rig preset vendors give you the rig and its up to you to add variuos effects?

Thanks Everyone

• Each rigs and cie are different so IT DEPENDS . Yes sometime I bought from a cie and compared and it was very similar tone, effects included. But I also downloaded another rig from the same cie and the effects was not included which p---me off totally Coz after all we hear the demop and buy based on that demo . When wanna be closed to what we hear and thats why we pay...

PSL I think I know exactly what is the rig you talk about . It is a new rigs released recently that is FREE for labor day? right? and yes the demo doesnt sound like the rigs at all coz ther is effects on the demo and the free rigs are almost dry. I wont name the cie but I am pretty sure, 90% sure, we talk about the same thing as the timing of your message coincide too

• Gforce you are right. It was the free rigs downloaded on the weekend but it also happens with other commercial rigs.

Thanks

• To be honest the first thing I do with any rig I download it turn off ALL the effects and hear the raw amp profile. It actually p*#£@% me off when profiles/rigs have effects enabled. Maybe I’m just strange. 8o

I absolutely cannot stand it. Especially delay, that's too common.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• To be honest the first thing I do with any rig I download it turn off ALL the effects and hear the raw amp profile. It actually p*#£@% me off when profiles/rigs have effects enabled. Maybe I’m just strange. 8o

Its not a question of what you prefer but how to please all customers. And its not very difficult for them to relase a DRY version plus and FX version . They already released many levels, eq for the same tone amp. Now I'm not talking about one straight delay but when , on a demo that sells their rigs, you hear a very good subtle ambiant that is hypnotic like Strymon Big Sky pedal and the eq the effect and the tone is just perfect and you hear it on the demo and you say WOW I want this profile, and YOU BUY IT it would be fun to get THAT sounds PLUS DRY VERSION. get my point? Its just a question of giving the customers choices

• I would still much prefthat the profile loads dry but woth the FX loaded in the stomp so that people can add those when they want them.

I would guess that most people are like me and don’t actually watch that many profile demos but rather download rigs in rig manager/exchange or buy a pack based on a particular amp they want. I have probably only watched maybe 2 or 3 demo videos and haven’t bought any of them (maybe its because they were drenched in Fx but ai suspect not).

If the basic amp profile is good you can add whatever FX you want but if the amp is covered in FX whn you forst load it you won’t know what you have to work with. The whole profiles covered in FX just feels like listening to Roland and Yamaha synth demos. Everything sounds great in the shop but ends up being useless in real life.

• In most cases I evaluate a profile without effects.
    Except in certain cases such as polyphony or special effects mentioned above. (delays etc.)
    Usually the effects are too much for me anyway.
    Over time I have a collection of effects that I have worked on for my taste and area of application.

BTW: I wait like a drowning man for a straw to be able to catalog and archive presets and then send them to the KPA. It would make handling much easier.
    Just to mention it again! ;)

• I would still much prefthat the profile loads dry but woth the FX loaded in the stomp so that people can add those when they want them.

That's my point. It can be frustrating for some customers if they hear a demo with sounds and FX and they buy and the FX are not included. Not included in the stomps = not included. As were not talking only about your personnal taste , lets talk about another customers that wants the FX coz he bought it based on the demo. So this is frustrating to get the dry profile only. Also the customers can wonder if the seller mixed the sound with some externel pedals outside the Kemper if the effects he heard is hard to create. But thats another question. My poit is the same you hear a demo... a tone with effects ... you buy... you want both the dry profiles WITH the effects included. As its easy to control the effects after and mute it or fade the volume of the effect but its time consuming to try to re create some particular effects (not a simple delay ) and if the demo sound good enough to make you pay for this profile you want to hear it and get both the dry and the effect. And as its my turn to speak for my personnal taste, if you dont sell me BOTH the FX and the dry sound in any way I wont buy your scrap any more and will consider it as a Rip-Off BYE

• OK I agree with you on that. I would expect the FX to be loaded I the stompsslots but definitely disabled by default. Users can turn them on as required.

However, I still suspect that the proportion of users who buy profiles after seeing a demo is likely to be very small compared to those who buy a pack wityever having seen a demo to know whether to expect effects or not.

• OK I agree with you on that. I would expect the FX to be loaded I the stompsslots but definitely disabled by default. Users can turn them on as required.

However, I still suspect that the proportion of users who buy profiles after seeing a demo is likely to be very small compared to those who buy a pack wityever having seen a demo to know whether to expect effects or not.

We both agree on the first part

For the second it depends on the customers. It's impossible to quantify that. A lot of people are doing ambiant music so they need a good tone plus ambiant behind. And some demos are described as PINK FLOYD TONE (for instance) for different songs And those profiles absolutely need the effects to sound like Pink Floyd and if I buy A pink Floyd profile based on the demo (which include effects) I want that effect included of course. I pay for that , its ready to play. Then I will fine tune it or mute it or add a different fx. . The way you work may be different but we all work differently so we cannot conclude base on that. Its impossible to quantify the proportion you talk about coz you calculate it based on your taste. We're all different you know

• I fully agree that IF a profile is advertised as a specific tone such as Pink Floyd Another Brick in the wall it definitely SHOULD include everything required to delive that “tone” as advertised.

My point is simply that a relatively small proportion of all the commercial profile packs are actually advertised this way. While I do know of at least one seller who does do specific artist packs.Most (at least of the ones I have seen) are advertised as a specific amp rather than an artist/song “tone”. In that case I don’t expect anything other than the amp profiles. If there are FX presets included too I see that as a bonus not a right. But as I said, in a situation where the pack was advertised as giving the tone from xxxxxx and that tone required the FX I totally agree that I would be seriously unhappy if they weren’t included.

• I fully agree that IF a profile is advertised as a specific tone such as Pink Floyd Another Brick in the wall it definitely SHOULD include everything required to delive that “tone” as advertised.

My point is simply that a relatively small proportion of all the commercial profile packs are actually advertised this way. While I do know of at least one seller who does do specific artist packs.Most (at least of the ones I have seen) are advertised as a specific amp rather than an artist/song “tone”. In that case I don’t expect anything other than the amp profiles. If there are FX presets included too I see that as a bonus not a right. But as I said, in a situation where the pack was advertised as giving the tone from xxxxxx and that tone required the FX I totally agree that I would be seriously unhappy if they weren’t included.

Fine we finally agree
    Lets keep it this way ;) LOL