Doug Pinnick (kings X) sound

• Okay, the last post I could find on this was back in 2014, hopefully a new thread is warranted. I want to re-amp a bass DI using my Kemper to get an apocalyptic bass sound, Ideally a sound as mental as Doug got on this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Unless someone has fully profiled the tech21 Dug amp since I last checked, I'll need to DIY this. Does anyone have any wisdom to share? It would seem to involve dual-re-amping: sending a high-passed signal to a heavily compressed clean(ish) amp; and then separately sending a low-passed signal to a heavily overdriven/distorted amp. So... suggestions very welcome for the following:

• Low-end clean amp
    • distorted amp
    • what crossover to aim for (or frequencies to set independent lp and hp filters).

Also: I'm not a bass-player so please feel-free to add 4, 5, 6, etc. :)

Edited once, last by androo ().

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You can get similar sound with many profiles you already have or free ones on RE. Use a high gain guitar profile DI

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Old thread I know but let me share some wisdom that has made me love my Kemper for bass.

You want to use the parallel path feature and you want to cut high frequencies to taste and you want the mids and high end running through a guitar amp profile or something higher gain. I usually high pass the at at around 180hz or even higher, until it sounds correct. I use an external compressor, Empress one and just get it to level out the signals and then I use a little compression to hold the two sounds together at the mixer.

The biggest problem most people have is they dont attack the bass correctly. You have to have a really clean, hard attack, pick or fingers. Its not a pluck its a hit, through the strings. Fresh strings and you got it

• He discusses Bi-Amping

External Content www.youtube.com