Mark Cameron Blue & Bogner Cantrell Snorkler pack

• Snorkler is now on Ebay:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/323433645730

Update this profile pack is now 11 total profiles and includes a profile of this amp boosted with one of Mark Cameron's prototype boost pedals. Will still honor the 25 dollar price for those that sent PMs requesting the profile pack yesterday. It's 30 dollars on Ebay or 27 dollars if you deal with me direct.

Everyone that already paid should have received the updated profile pack with the new files.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Just purchased on eBay, I now have all of the Cameron profiles except the newly released Ocean Blue mod. Of all of the profiles I have saved / bought the Cameron profiles are by far the best as I play direct to a power amp / cab. Absolutely killer amps and painstakingly accurate profiles. Looking forward to more in the future, keep up the great work ! Thanks!

Update: I now have ALL of the available Cameron profiles and Jason tells me there is a VERY cool profile upcoming that I will definitely be adding to this powerful stable. There really isn't a bad tone in the bunch but the Aldrich mod profile absolutely slays. It may be the ultimate modded Marshall tone and it's simply crushing. Can't say enough great stuff about those guys.

• Just purchased on eBay, I now have all of the Cameron profiles except the newly released Ocean Blue mod. Of all of the profiles I have saved / bought the Cameron profiles are by far the best as I play direct to a power amp / cab. Absolutely killer amps and painstakingly accurate profiles. Looking forward to more in the future, keep up the great work ! Thanks!

Update: I now have ALL of the available Cameron profiles and Jason tells me there is a VERY cool profile upcoming that I will definitely be adding to this powerful stable. There really isn't a bad tone in the bunch but the Aldrich mod profile absolutely slays. It may be the ultimate modded Marshall tone and it's simply crushing. Can't say enough great stuff about those guys.

Better than the Snorkler? I can’t stop playing what I have already!

• I wouldn't say "better" but definitely different. The Snorkler has more of that German flavor in the mids and growl,but the Alrdich mod is simply the most pissed off sounding British amp tone I've ever encountered. I've always lusted after the Rich Ward type Marshall tones on the Stuck Mojo early albums, Rising, Declaration of a Headhunter etc. If you're not familiar, whether you like the style or not, check out a few tones and listen to the snarl and spit of Rich's Marshalls before he was in Fozzy. Just insane tone.

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Got a new guitar....haven't gotten it setup yet and haven't played in anything as high as drop D for a minute....CS Charvel, JB in the bridge.

External Content soundcloud.com

• This may sound weird but I was always was proud of my little Snorkler, a little beat up looking amp like some kid drew all over the transformers and someone tried to "restore" by wire brushing the faceplate.

I would show up at a rehearsal or some jam session and set it up and people would laugh under their breath thinking that I just taped a Bogner logo to it and it's got to be some pile of crap amp. Then when I would turn it on people's jaws would drop. I had been offered crazy cash for it on the spot and always turned it down.

It just feels weird selling as well as it has that I should be happy but now everyone has a copy of my secret weapon. I know people say tone is in the hands and good gear does not make a good player but the tone of this thing always to me made me sound way better than I was if that makes sense. Now everyone having this tone kind of makes me sad...

I'm just thinking out loud and I am glad everyone likes it so much... so please don't take my post the wrong way.

• Some people maybe reading this and wondering what's a Snorkler and why all the hype? Is there is only one or two and if there is a second one why do I have it and how did I get it?

I posted the entire story about the amp and about the famous "Snorkler" you can read about it over on a great gear forum and I am friends with the owner. I hope posting this link is ok with the mods here. This is a link to the amp's entire story:

http://groomednoodlers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2636

• then I shall wait. Somewhat impatiently cause I have zero patience.
    Is it done yet?!

Since you and no one else has any patience I want to tell you guys something that will make the wait worse and I may have to delete this info becuase I'm not sure I'm supposed to share it. When Mark was working at Bogner, Reinhold would give Mark a lot of incomplete mods or "projects" for Mark to "finish", one day Jerry Cantrell brought his number one Fish preamp in, the one that he uses for recording only and won't take on the road because it sounds so good and is the "one". Jerry by the way has like close to ten original fishes along with super producer Dave Jerden.

While Jerry's Fish was on the bench Mark figured, you know... (who knows when the next time I will have Jerry's Fish or at least his main one on my(Mark's) bench)... so he took notes and he has his notebook to this day with the correct schematic of Jerry's main Fish. He knows why not all Fishes sound the same and has a very good idea of what exactly needs to be changed or tweaked on the Fish Cantrell mods to get it to get that tone that Jerry and apparently everyone else loves.

It was this knowledge that Mark applied to my Bogner Snorkler to restore it to make it sounds like it sounds today in the same amp and profile all you guys love.

Also during the recording of Dirt Jerry used a VHT2150 with his Fish for the recorded tone so that leads me to the next thing...

We also have an original VHT2150 it's number 25 as in the first 25 ever made which is a total different layout than the later VHT2150s that came out after 100 and were KT88. Did I mention that Mark also worked at VHT back in the day? Well he did.

So yes we will be running the VHT2150 with the original Fish with an original G&L Rampage with a era correct cab that Jerry loved so much back in the earl 90's.

So I hope this makes the wait easier and I know Mark if he finds out will yell at me for sharing this info and I will have to delete this post.

• You don't hear many talking about this very example where it shows the POSITIVE side of the profiler , PRESERVING tones like this...thats one area where no other technology can answer the same call, getting a snap shot 99% etc of what is no more, or could of been lost etc. Now back to the beer and hanging out for the next rigs LOL

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• By the way our Mesa Boogie IIC+ fully loaded long head just came back from Mesa, new tubes and filter caps. NOS tubes from Mesa were used and we run it in SImulclass mode with 6l6GC and EL34s, no expense was spared on this amp. It's going to make some amazing profiles.

Also we just got our Dual Recto Rev.C serial number 5 back from Mesa with new filter caps and tubes. This is going to be amazing as well, I mean who else offers a Rev C Dual Recto let alone the fifth one ever made.

We got some amazing stuff coming from my "Tone Library", I know some of you maybe hoping for a BE100 or a Dumble knock off since like no one has ever made profiles of those types of amps but don't hold your breath because you will die, literally die. As in fish out of water...dead. <X

Seriously... we keep it "Sucker Free" and look for the 95 blue face VH4 ch3 Adam Jones tone pack coming soon as well profiled with an actual 81 Silverburst. ;)

Then we got something super special for the Nirvana fans, a pack that no one else can or could offer...

• Hi J, if possible can you do or add some crunch rigs into these future packs? Be really appreciated if you can man, don't see many good ones with these amps

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Hi J, if possible can you do or add some crunch rigs into these future packs? Be really appreciated if you can man, don't see many good ones with these amps

Ash

As in crunch you mean Metallica or Hetfield, yes we will. We have original set neck ESP explorers and a 84 Gibson Explorer in the studio, Triaxis and Strategy 400 for the ultimate Metallica or what I think of as "crunch" tones. We even have a Roland for the clean tones as well...