No output during live gig - reset needed

• Hello, I am the owner of a Kemper rack and remote since a week. I was busy all week with adding sounds and it performed great. Last weekend
    I had my first gig and after 4 songs the output to front of house went dead completely. After checking everything our singer asked to try to reset
    the system (switched off/on again) and that solved the problem.

Is there anyone who knows why this could happen? Is there something I could check to prevend this in the future? I am a bit worried..

Thanks in advance,

Rolf - The Netherlands

• Are you controlling volume via pedal? The level of that and other pedal controllers can be checked in the System Settings on page Pedal Links. A restart resets the Volume Pedal controller to maximum.

Or was the issue just affecting the MAIN OUTPUTS feeding FOH while other outputs were working? Or was there even no input signal indicated by the INPUT LED?

In any case use current operating system 5.5.2 Release for critical applications.

• Hi, thanks for your message. I did use the volume pedal before the issue started but when the output was dead I disconnected the volume
    pedal as well and switched it off to be sure in the system settings.

But the issue was only affecting the main outputs to FOH and my in ears still worked. Signal and input led were also working.

I will check the operating system tonight.

• This is a bad luck event. It happens everyday everywhere in the world, with any kind of equipment. Before internet we didn't had the opportunity to report it on forums . I also had an amp that broke tubes i a show and start smoking... Was not funny too. Then i decided to buy a Kemper. But you know sound problems in live show happens everyday . Not a big deal And I prefer Kemper coz you can switch on off but with my amp we had to cancel the show which is worse a lot worse

• Hi, sorry for the confusion. My inears went dead as well, but when I plugged them directly in the Kemper it worked. Thats what I meant
    to say. Love Cindi Lauper by the way!

• That sounds more like an issue of the Main Output Volume. Should this happen again check the level of that Main Output Volume in the Output Section. You might want to check, which output volume(s) are linked to Master Volume.

• Hi again. Thanks. There isnt any output volume linked to Master Volume. Other than that it worked in the first 3 songs and didnt touch anything while playing. It happened at once. But will check Main output volume next time. Hopefully there will be no next time.

• Hi again. Thanks. There isnt any output volume linked to Master Volume. Other than that it worked in the first 3 songs and didnt touch anything while playing. It happened at once. But will check Main output volume next time. Hopefully there will be no next time.

You've been fired?

• We don't know any circumstances where the MAIN OUTPUTS die suddenly and without any intervention, while the HEADPHONE output stays alive and a restart revitalizes the MAIN OUTPUTS. Are you absolutely sure, that this was no handling error at the mixing desk, which has been fixed while you restarted the PROFILER?

• In first I thought it had something to do with the volume pedal so that was the first thing I disconnected. Other than that I am sure the mixer did not change anything. We have been testing cables/settings for like 10 minutes. Once we restarted it worked immediately. Could it be to do anything with the volume pedal?

• In first I thought it had something to do with the volume pedal so that was the first thing I disconnected. Other than that I am sure the mixer did not change anything. We have been testing cables/settings for like 10 minutes. Once we restarted it worked immediately. Could it be to do anything with the volume pedal?

If im correct, disconnecting a volume pedal leaves the kpa with the last value it has recieved from that pedal.
    So If the cause was there...disconnecting it would not have fixed it.

Maybe others can confirm...as im not 100% sure.

If you disconnect a cable from an expression pedal which controls volume, the changing resistance caused by pulling the plug and shortcutting the contacts against ground could cause the volume controller to go to minimum. However, if you had an issue with the expression pedal or its cable that would also have affected the HEADPHONE output. The fact that you were experiencing no volume issue on the HEADPHONE output rules out the volume pedal as the cause of the issue.

If the mixer cannot be the cause of the issue, because nobody changed anything, the same logic would apply to the PROFILER. ;)

• I think that could have caused the problem. My inears went dead as well. I could only hear myself playing when i plugged my ears directly in the kemper headphone input.

• My first suspicion, given the way you describe the event AND my general experience on stage, is a bad or intermittent cable connection.
    Otherwise, it is diifficult to see why the main output died but the headphone out did not

• I think that could have caused the problem. My inears went dead as well. I could only hear myself playing when i plugged my ears directly in the kemper headphone input.

But that was my point: If the HEADPHONE output of the PROFILER has a signal it cannot be an issue with the expression pedal controlling volume, because that would affect both the MAIN OUPUTS feeding FOH (and normally you in-ear) AND the HEADPHONE output of the PROFILER.

Are you a registered user? Competitors sometimes comes here to bash Kemper and make it sounds as a bad product . They invent problems. Just asking...