Is the Kemper Transpose effect polyphonic like the Digitech Drop?

• I've got a Digitech Drop on the way. I'll need it for my tube amp rig no matter what. But...I'm wondering if it will be worth the hassle of putting it in front of my Kemper which has the Transpose block. However, I read mixed reviews on how it compares to the Digitech Drop in terms of latency and quality. Many seem to prefer the Drop with some saying the Kemper transpose is "good enough". It would seem that a polyphonic effect is what is needed. I've read that right now the Helix and HX Effects don't have that so the pitch shift isn't that great.

Thoughts?

• The Kemper works just like the Drop pedal. I have used both, but not side by side to compare. In a recent system update the latency was considerably reduced and made the transpose feature useable live for me.

The downside for both The Drop and Kemper transpose is when playing clean sounds. Somehow the latency is a lot more noticeable because the transient is clear.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• The Kemper works just like the Drop pedal. I have used both, but not side by side to compare. In a recent system update the latency was considerably reduced and made the transpose feature useable live for me.

The downside for both The Drop and Kemper transpose is when playing clean sounds. Somehow the latency is a lot more noticeable because the transient is clear.

I wouldn't likely need it much for clean cleans in terms of 1/2 step down stuff. I've noticed I don't like the "Smooth Chords" feature for my style of playing. It may boil down to me using it as a means to rehearse without the need to change guitars. I bring my Kemper to rehearsals and this might suffice. Although the way I have my performances laid out, I'd need a new performance of the same rig for the drop tuning or I'd be in for a hefty tap dance switching to rigs in a performance...I think. I get the Drop soon so I'll see how the compare side by side. I guess the HX Effects may get a transposer too which would be cool. I have that and use it in front of an Orange Rocker 15 head.

• I've used them both intensively and to be honest, I think the Digitech Drop is better, it sounds more natural for at least up to 3 steps down.
    If you go further both sound unnatural.
    But it also depends a lot on how you use it. For fast riffs for example the latency will be an issue the further you go down .....

• I've used them both but not as intensively as @MetalMauce ...

I found they were similar and the Kemper one certainly useable/in the same ballpark as the drop.

I guess my view would be:
    for rehearsals and occasion song - Kemper
    For more than a few songs Digi Drop
    For best results/regular changes, change guitars ( which is what I do).

As additonal both bass player and other guitarist ( who uses a Helix) in our band use Drop pedals. Personally I think they sound better without them but they are good enough for few people to notice ( sticking to 1 or 2 drops).

• I use them both depending on the situation but I prefer using the drop pedal. My Kemper has more latency than the pedal when you go past one step. I'm not someone that goes to drop Z but I will go to B standard. The drop will handle that before sounding off the Kemper wont.

• Used transpose properly for the first time on Sat ( i.e. for a full song during a gig and ditched the drop tuned guitar) and it worked well.

Only used it for a semitone drop, definitely some latency and some loss in volume (?), but very usable.

• Yeah I usually stay tuned to E standard and using the Kemper for D has been fine but if I drop lower it seems to fall apart. I tried playing in B standard transposed from E and it was a nightmare.