Canadian Shipment Holdup

• Im stoked for you guys, and felt your pain!. (glad its sorted now)
    Dont want to make the wait anymore difficult..
    But YOU WILL love it!
    so hurry up and get it already : )

Thanks man for your moral support! I already have your rig pack waiting on my desktop but it will not produce any noise until I get this big black and green beast!!! :D :D :D

Pierre

• I checked the site and after converting the British pound to Canadian dollar, my calculation was $2045 CAD with shipping.

That's including taxes which they will discount. I paid 1268.48€ (that's $1632 CAD with the currency exchange of today) with Paypal in December (I had pre-ordered it). It gets delivered by Post Canada. I did not have to pay any duties/taxes when I got it.

• That's including taxes which they will discount. I paid 1268.48€ (that's $1632 CAD with the currency exchange of today) with Paypal in December (I had pre-ordered it). It gets delivered by Post Canada. I did not have to pay any duties/taxes when I got it.

Killer deal! 8o But it is strange that you didn't have to pay any taxes and duties... I think you were just really lucky that something this value passed thru canadian custom without anything to pay. ;)

• Killer deal! 8o But it is strange that you didn't have to pay any taxes and duties... I think you were just really lucky that something this value passed thru canadian custom without anything to pay. ;)

Maybe I was lucky. I don't know since it was the 1st time I ordered gear from Europe. I was counting on the possibility of having to pay taxes but even considering that, it was not a bad deal (I paid $1720 CAD with the currency exchange in December, now it is better $1632 CAD) and I got my KPA as soon as it was released in Europe. My experience when ordering from US so far is that I never had to pay taxes/duties when shipped by USPS (Post Canada) but I paid taxes+brokerage fee always when using UPS, Fedex, ...

• Maybe I was lucky. I don't know since it was the 1st time I ordered gear from Europe. I was counting on the possibility of having to pay taxes but even considering that, it was not a bad deal (I paid $1720 CAD with the currency exchange in December, now it is better $1632 CAD) and I got my KPA as soon as it was released in Europe. My experience when ordering from US so far is that I never had to pay taxes/duties when shipped by USPS (Post Canada) but I paid taxes+brokerage fee always when using UPS, Fedex, ...

You are very lucky my man! I used to get that at the border, everything passed through no problem with USPS until they caught it once, now everything gets scrutinized!

• Hi MadH,

I though about Thomann, but was worried about the power plug, did they ship yours with a european power cord? If it did can you just use any 3 prongs american power cord, some people seems to mention a weird 2 prongs as the cause of CSA approval delay...

Thanks.

• I received it with an european cord but the connector in the back of the KPA is standard, so you can use a regular one.