Canadian Shipment Holdup

• Hi All,
    First post to the forum.
    Anyone have an update on the Canadian shipments? I know I can get one from stores outside of Canada but would prefer buying locally. Thanks.

Cheers,

jayson

• join the club ,
    its been since March without any tangible news from kemper or the dealers .
    some of us actually paid deposits and some in full ..

• downloaded the latest update 1.9 and spent an hour going through what was inside this box.

Did you load the new profiles of 1.0.9 already? When I updated my new Kemper to the new firmware I had to import the new Rigs seperately. There are some amps and cabs in there which are far superior to the original factory rigs IMHO. You have to save the cabs of those amps first to use them with different amps. And then there are Andys rigs you already know and tons of great other user rigs on the rig exchange. I've found some of my favourite profiles among user patches there. There is a Golub Marshall and a Splawn modded JVM as well which I like very much (although with different cabs than the ones they come with). It's all about mixing and matching cabs for me. It takes a bit of time since you have to save a lot of cabs out of the existing profiles to be able to use them but it's definitely worth.

• Mikey: check and eventually adjust your clean sense from the input menu, Andy's profiles are ALL amazing, Till's cabs as well. And specially don't be shy to turn the knobs! Stack and cab parameter have a major impact on sound and feel. Till now I have adjusted ALL rigs that I got (being through over 1600) but was not 1 that I couldn't get to sound at least very good if I wanted to. Tweaking is a LOT easier than with other units but still a need to get where you want. Breath deep and take some time (no worry, it has taken me a couple weeks, not months)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I got a very different experience. I owned a Axe FX Std which I found to be very frustrating, could not get the low gain med gain typical tube amp tones that I like from it, so I came back to my real tube amps and use the Axe FX as an FXs processor which was a good match.
    But The KPA is for me a totaly different story, It took me just a few days to understand how to tweak the beast to go where I want and it really works for me!

The only flaw at the moment is that I have some troubles using real stomp boxes in front of the KPA but the stomps in the device itself are very good so no real problem here, and I'm pretty sure I'm just doing something wrong and will find the way to use my Timmy at my satisfaction.

All in all, I was a tube snob and I can't believe that I didn't used my tube amps since I got my KPA. Probably the next time I will plug them will be to profile them! :D

Mikey, keep reading and tweaking and I'm sure that you'll soon discover how different the KPA is from the AFX Ultra!

Pierre

Edited 2 times, last by Pick909 ().

• Glad all are enjoying their Kempers, but this no update stuff is getting a little old, no reccomendations that i order from the states, i refuse to pay more money, and i don't need or want a Kemper right now anyway, but some updates on whats going on would be great

• Glad all are enjoying their Kempers, but this no update stuff is getting a little old, no reccomendations that i order from the states, i refuse to pay more money, and i don't need or want a Kemper right now anyway, but some updates on whats going on would be great

I actually paid considerably less all in :)

• Kemper told me they "HOPE" to have the KPA shipping to Canadian distributors sometime in July....so we shall see.

• ordered mine yesterday from Toronto Long and Mcquade. Here's hoping its not a long wait. Will be monitoring this thread for updated info.

• ordered mine yesterday from Toronto Long and Mcquade. Here's hoping its not a long wait. Will be monitoring this thread for updated info.

Would you mind letting us know what price L&M asking for the Kemper? Will they price match with Moog? I would rather buy from a local L&M so I can try out the Kemper beforehand.

Cheers :)

• Would you mind letting us know what price L&M asking for the Kemper? Will they price match with Moog? I would rather buy from a local L&M so I can try out the Kemper beforehand.

Cheers :)

i 2nd this, would love to go no further than my local L&M and try one out, Kemper is still very high on my list of gear i want to get my hands on

• Exact same price. You won't get to try it though. It's special order at this point. And there is a hefty restocking fee if you don't want it.

Cosmo music has two on order so that might be a place to try it..when it makes it to Canada. Cosmo is way overpriced though. I did hear that they might price match.

• Thanks for the info! I going to have to sell off some stuff to finance my Kemper purchase but I am sure it will be worth it.