Canadian Shipment Holdup

• Hmmm ... I was just in L&M today and asked about the Kemper the salesperson said it wasn't in their system yet! Guess I'll have to go back and talk to someone else.
    Cheers,
    jayson

• its there. I called and they took forever to find it. Then I went in and the guy said they didn't have it. Then some other guy walked up and handed him the sticker to scan. so its there. Its just hard to find. Just let them know that someone ordered one last wednesday.

Dom

• FYI. I contacted Kemper and was told the same thing a couple days ago. They are waiting on certification. It needs to be CSA approved I presume. I emailed CSA to see if they could send me any more info. I doubt they will reply but can't hurt to email. haha. Just want my Kemper.

• Put one on order @ L&M today. They said that they have 7 on order so hopefully when it finally gets approval, my order will be part of the first shipment. BTW, they are listing it at $1599.
    Cheers,
    jayson

• nice. hopefully this CSA approval thing goes down soon. Would be nice is someone from kemper replied in this forum when it happens.

• Anyone receive their amp yet? I read in another forum that is is CSA approved in Canada now. I don't know where they got that info from though...

• I just called L&M and they said to expect it around the end of August :(

Not sure if that is just a wild guess or is actually accurate. either way. SIGH.

• I have no cue how far you guys are from the border, but is it complicate/expensive to jump in a train/cheap flight and go buy one in the US? Not trying to be sarcastic, I'm really curious...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• The problem is getting the new US purchased KPA across the Canadian Border and thru the Canadian Customs Agents.

Without a CSA sticker - its not likely they will allow the KPA into their country.

Do the Canadian Customs Agents check inside your backpack? :P

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• For me, I just want to have a place locally where I can take the KPA in to get fixed if it has a problem. Usually, the only time I veer away and get something from outside of Canada, is if their is a huge mark up in the price. Surprisingly enough, the KPA is pretty much on par with what I would get in the US.
    Also, I wouldn't hold much stock in any ETA dates you get from a store. I found that out after waiting almost a year to get my Variax JTV-69.
    Cheers,
    jayson

• The price in canada is also surprisingly cheap. $1599. Add taxes and border fees (if they even allow it in) and you are paying a lot more. Thats why we wait up here. Plus if there is an issue I can just return it to the local store. Sucks to have to wait though. I listen to all these amazing things people are creating with it and wish I didn't have to keep waiting. Ah well. Amplitube is tying me over for now.

• The problem is getting the new US purchased KPA across the Canadian Border and thru the Canadian Customs Agents.

Without a CSA sticker - its not likely they will allow the KPA into their country.

Have you read the rest of this thread? There are at least 3 of us in Canada who have ordered from kingguitar.com who have had our Kempers for months now. What are people waiting for?

• lots of reasons to buy in canada on there.... Getting it across the border is not one of them though. I doubt there is an issue there since lots of people have them.

its 150$ cheaper in canada plus you don't have to pay shipping and duty. Add in the ability to return in to your local music store if there is issues. These are all really good reasons. I cant afford a $300ish premium just to get it a bit early. Ill wait it out. Amplitube is tying me over just fine.