Synth Generator

• Digital Performer's MegaSynth™, MicroG™ (Polyphonic octave generator for guitar) and MicroB™ (Polyphonic octave generator for bass) can do some of this stuff "polyphonically" 'cause they use the guitar or bass signal as the oscillator.

In order for the Kemper to be able to produce truly-new synth tones, as suggested earlier, it'd have to be able to determine the pitch of each string individually first before synthesising the oscillator/s. Melodyne can do this, as can other software these days, but latency would be a huge problem, especially on this CPU. I'm talking huge.

One could always add something like the aforementioned plugins to the recorded-guitar signal for some funky tones and exploration of "new territory":

Not great examples, but nevertheless:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I’m not familiar, either. I tried YouTube, but, saw 30 minute videos showing how to edit a single sound.

@Stringtheorist is there a specific demo of these Factal sounds that you would recommend?

I was thinking more about the capabilities of the Axe-FX III but specifically being able to create a basic sine, sawtooth or square wave signal, as an alternative to processing a guitar amp signal.

Here's a sample video of the Axe-FX III's Synth block:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• People who run so many words together shouldn't do voiceovers. Geez, I couldn't concentrate at all! =O

OK, looks like it's monophonic. That'd require only a single-note's pitch detection at a time, and it's something I reckon the Kemper would be able to handle.

I have to say 'though that should Kemper implement something like this at some point, I can only hope it's not demonstrated in such a nonchalant, blasé, indecipherable-and-unmusical way, 'cause it won't help sales any! :D

• Yeah a guitar synth like the one in the Fractal units would be very very welcome, and Im sure Kemper can do much better having all that inmense know to how inside.
    Its mono, yeah, not problem perhaps we are not the guitarists very prone to play guitar solos?
    There some interesting examples about what can be done.
    solo synth
    violin?
    more synth

• I was thinking more about the capabilities of the Axe-FX III but specifically being able to create a basic sine, sawtooth or square wave signal, as an alternative to processing a guitar amp signal.
    Here's a sample video of the Axe-FX III's Synth block:

Certainly some interesting sounds.

• You can get some pretty nutty sounds by playing with the shaper and pitch shift stomps - Bit Shaper in particular. There are some Virus profiles on the Exchange that are a great starting point - I was using Virus 8 with a few pitch shifters after the other day for a credible Super Mario theme patch.

Agreed - There are some old synth sounding rigs that I posted on the rig exchange that are based on combining a shaper with pitch effects.

• I use a Electro Harmonix Synth 9 pedal with my Kemper. It does mono and polyphonic stuff really well. It's certainly not a super clean midisynth but then I'm not a super clean guitar player. If you can get that from a 9v stompbox fed straight from the guitar cable, the Kemper would likely be able to handle it!

I don't use mine as a pure synth sound, it's always got some guitar in the tone too but it does work really well.

• Here are some descriptions of a few of the rigs I posted to RE / RM in 2013:

l posted a variety of new vintage analog style synth FX rigs. They all have a bypassed amp/cabinet, so they would sound less like a guitar.

They are all very touch sensitive. Try using different guitar volume, tone and pickup selection - you will hear a wide range of sounds in the ensemble and layer rigs.

Muff Moog 2+
    This is meant to sound like a 1970s Mini Moog lead - it has multiple detuned "oscillators", and whammy pedal for the up/down portamento in "Lucky Man", "Riding The Storm Out", etc.

TouchLayerSyn
    As the name suggests, it responds to they way it is played. Low volume/light touch is different than playing harder. Fingerpicking works well, and makes it easier to play keyboard voicings. Try palm muting the strings for pizzicato.

VoxContOrg
    This sound reminded me of old Elvis Costello, 96 Tears, etc. It is a dirty organ with vibrato - fingerpick to make it easier to pick three strings at once, to sound more like an organ.

BassMoogTouch - turns a guitar into a synth bass, with enough touch sensitivity for funky bass lines.

Ensemble Synth
    Many sounds in this one, too. More 70s sounding than the TouchLayer.

Fuzz Horn Lead
    Pick hard, and the filter opens up. It is possible to adjust the filter to suggest different kinds of horns.

• Hi,
    I already had VoxContinOrg. very sensitive and very expressive. I like it.
    I find different synth sound with harmony stomp...
    I'll try yours :) Thank you. Your rigs are usually very beautiful.