My new Headphones Philips Fidelio X2

• Hey guys just wanted to leave a lil impression of my newest addition to my practicing rig.

I used the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro for quite a while now and never felt really pleased with them.
    Like many confirmed the DT990 struggle with lows and highs.

There is so much bass and mid bass missing with these what you may only recognize when comparing to other headphones.
    The hights on these 250ohm btw. are outstandingly detailed but and that is a big but(t) the highs on the DT990 tend to overextend.
    From time to time they tend to hurt my ears really bad this was always pretty annoying.

So I tried the DT770 from a friend but those closed back were way to punchy. Not overextended but not very pleasant either.
    The bass on these is way to punchy sure on closed back this is what you can expect. This makes my head hurt pretty fast.

So i did a lil research. The Philips Fidelio X2 are Philips interpretation of a high-end headphone so no cheap garbage here (expensive).
    These are very well build and even more comfortable then the beyerdynamic and that is not easy to achieve.

I used to love the Beyerdynamic until yesterday.

The X2 have so much more low end that i missed on the DT990 there is this whole spectrum that i hear now that was completely missing.
    The highs aren't as detailed as on the DT990 but this is fine. For the few little things you compromise in the highs you gain so much more
    in the low end spectrum where the real fun is in my opinion. The the good thing even with that is that there aren't these ultra piercing highs
    anymore. There is enough to enjoy every spectrum of your sound but nothing that offends you.

For me these are now my main headphones the Beyerdynamic stand no chance there.
    I played on very high volume for quite a while yesterday and there was no fatigue on my ears. The DT990 were unbearable after 30 minutes.
    The X2 are just way more fun.
    The DT990 Pro may be good for analysis and mixing but in a practicing environment i want more fun and the X2 deliver this pretty good.
    And due to the open back design these aren't too punchy so very nice to listen to.