I'm a fresh KPA owner and first of all I'd like to share my really good feeling on how this beast sounds!!!
I'm at my first profiling session and I'm experimenting a strange behaviour with the direct out send.
I'm trying to profile a "both worlds" less than simple rig:
- Line6 Spider Valve Amp
- Engl 580 Preamp
- 2 Nebula plugins: the 1st with an Ownhammer Amp and the 2nd with an Ownhammer cab
My chain is:
- GTR->KPA guitar IN
- KPA direct out->Line6 guitar in & ENGL guitar in (through a splitter)
- Line6 direct out-> Soundcard LINE IN 1 (I've a MOTU 828 MK3)
- ENGL out-> Soundcard LINE IN 2
- On PC a REAPER project with simulated amp and cab receiving from MOTU IN 1&2 and sending to MOTU OUT 1
- Soundcard LINE OUT 1->KPA return IN (in soundcard OUT 1 the 2 amps are mixed in mono)
- KPA MAIN OUTS->monitors
So no real mics & cabs involved.
Ok, let's start to profile a clean sound.
I go to KPA browser and select the first clean amp (AC Clean - R121). After that, I move the selector to profiling position.
When the KPA is on "Kemper amp", the sound flows thru the chain and I can hear the guitar sound BUT when I switch to "Reference amp", the sound is muted (nothing goes to amps and, of course, nothing goes in the soundcard).
This happens BEFORE profiling but I think that I cannot profile anything without the sound coming to the soundcard and back to KPA...
I'm on 184.108.40.20603 last beta fw release and I've already made a system reset after upgrading the KPA fw.
So, what I'missing?
Thanks a lot