Long overdue Update help.

• I haven’t updated for about four years. What procedure do I have to follow to get up to the present? I’d be grateful for advice.., I’m a bit of a dummy in the tech world which is why I’m in this position.

• If you have a laptop close to the Kemper so you can USB connect them, then the easiest is to just let the Rig Manager update it.

Here's a video that shows how that works.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think you have to be on a newer OS before you can do it through RM. what operating system are you on? I think you can download the latest OS and put it on a stick to update if you’re on an OS of 1.9 or later.

• THis is pretty easy to do. If you use a desk top computer , you can download updates right from this site .The download goes to your computer , then you transfer the update from your computer to a memory stick or other portable USB compatible device .
    YOu then insert the memory stick into the kemper and follow the on screen instructions.The Kemper will then complete the update on its own once you initiate it to happen.

• Updating the Profiler Operating System
    Please perform the following simple steps to update your Kemper Profiler to a more recent operating system:
    You will need to use an empty USB flash drive in order to transfer the files from your Mac or PC to the Kemper Profiler. When you connect a USB flash drive for the first time, the Kemper Profiler will format it to ensure maximum reliability.
    The next step is to download the latest operating system. Updates are free of charge and can be downloaded from the following URL:
    http://www.kemper-amps.com
    Expand the downloaded .zip archive and search for the update file called “kaos.bin” inside. Copy thefile into the root directory or “OS Update” folder on the pre-formatted USB flash drive using your Mac or PC. Next, unmount the USB flash drive from your computer and plug it into the Kemper Profiler. Follow the on-screen instructions which will appear after a couple of seconds.
    More details can be found in the Reference Manual.

In case the current operating system installed on your Profiler is older than 1.8.2 Release you need to take an interim step and upgrade to 1.8.2 first, before you will be able to install current operating system. Operating system 1.8.2 Release can be downloaded from our web-page under category „Legacy Operating System Versions“.