Effects Locked Status saved with Profile

• I've tweaked a profile, locked all of the effects except the delay and I'm auditioning the new 5.1 delay profiles, which are great.
    I've saved this Locked profile but I'm finding that when I recall it, the effects are back to an unlocked status. I'd like to be able to recall presets with the locks already engaged so I can use this approach quickly without having to go through the lock process each time.

But I see that the concept of Locking effects overrides the preset recalling so I'm not sure what I want is possible. I guess I just need to lock the Stomps groups and then unlock the Delay.

These profiles go to 11!

Edited once, last by Guavadude ().

• Hey 'Dude, the whole idea of locking is to be able to switch to and audition other Rigs whilst retaining the status of the slots you've chosen to lock, so in essence, the request's implementation would contradict the whole point of it.

IOW, if you've got, as I have, all slots except for a wah in the first one disabled and locked that way, the last thing you'd want is for Rigs to start activating the unused slots whilst you browse.

So, you're correct, I think, in assuming that the only way to make this work for you is to manually "re-lock" all the other slots in a muted / off state and the delay as active where you'd like it, and then enjoy the mayhem as you audition those delay presets.

• Yeah I realized that mid post but figured I’d throw it out there in case someone had a good workaround.

Toast ME has cool Amp or Cab unlocked only buttons, so I requested the ability to create my own presets of what I want unlocked/locked like those buttons. That way I could have different presets for trying delays or whatever.

These profiles go to 11!

• Great idea in theory, but there's one spanner I can think of in the works:

The fact that all delays and 'verbs will be able to be placed in any slots in the near future means that as the Rig pool grows from that point onwards, ever more Rigs will contain said effects in varying places, rendering whatever locked-slot presets you come up with now less-effective over time.

• Maybe. It makes sense to leave the delays and verbs in current positions so they have some real knob control. I’m just trying to figure out quick easy ways to audition new sounds.

These profiles go to 11!

• Yeah, I gotcha, mate.

Seems to me the easiest solution would be to save your "audition-default" Rig with the delay and 'verbs in those slots and (obviously) everything else disabled.

At least you'd only need to then lock the slots once the Rig is chosen as opposed to scratch your head about configuring the desired FX in whatever slots, and of course you'd have your "proper" knob-mix control in place.