Coax-FRFR - Mission GM-lo or alternative?

• Dear all,

recently I tried the Mission Engineering GM-lo active FRFR cab and was quite pleased in comparison to my RCF310A monitor which I use quite a while already:
    GM-lo: tighter low end, very articulate midrange and nice top end; still very even projection (slightly slanted speaker, albeit not completely "monitor like"). What I really enjoyed was the coax design - highs and lows come spot on from the exact same position, which I really digged compared to the RCF. Felt much more "amp like" than the RCF monitor (and by the way looks like...)
    RCF310A: kind of boomy and not precise enough in the midrange for my taste.

Now I researched a bit which coax-FRFR are available in Germany - and there seem to be a bunch of them. So this is my question:
    Any advice/experience about the Mission GM lo in comparison to Camper CX (active or passive?), Matrix Q12 (active or passive), Matrix FR12 (active)? I have a powered Kemper, so passive might be possible as well. All more or less similar sound-wise? Really difficult to get hands on them especially in comparison....

Any helpful tips?

Best,

Sebastian

• Hi!

No ideas or experiences? Specifically about the Mission GM-lo FRFR cabinet in comparison to Blueamps CX (or similar Coax-cabinets)?
    Or does everybody prefer the DXR10 over the guitar-cabinet-like FRFR solutions nowadays?

Best

Sebastian

• i had the DXR 10 and a Blueamop 1x12 Active cab,
    now I have the Mission I/O and im done, def best Cab for Kemper imho
    even tried the new Line 6 Powercab Plus
    but the Mission sound s the most natural with all Rigs
    Coax is the way to go

• Hi digbob,
    thanks for sharing! May I ask for a few more details? I would really appreciate, as you obviously did quite the move I am thinking about.
    1) which Blueamp did you try? The camper 112, Beast 112 or the camper CX?
    2) can you try to describe a bit between DXR10, Blueamp and Mission IO soundwise?
    3) Is the Mission IO really coax? As I read today that it is 1x12+ "1'compression driver"...
    Thanks!

Sebastian

• Was the camper 112 this sounded too dark overall to me
    Dxr 10 sounded too much like separate hf and 12“ speaker, not like a guitar cab
    Mission is very good weighted not too much low end , i get a good real git ampsound with it
    Didn’t open it but was told that it is coax, and it sound like it

• I started out with a pair of DXR10. Replaced those with a pair of Dynacord AXM 12A. Lately I've added a Blueamps Spark (2x10/coax/stereo) that I use whenever there is space on stage and/or a traditional back-line is required, and of course at home. The Spark is IMHO by far the best sounding of those three (and just about every other speaker I've tried), only rivalled by Mission Gemini II that I also have tried and ordered, but later cancelled due to delivery issues. Blueamps have many models. I'd be surprised if not one (or more) of them would suit your needs. Not cheap though.

• Hi!
    Sounds like the Blueamp Camper CX (or Beast 112 - but not coax) might be good alternatives to the Mission IO - although the significant weight is quite a drawback in comparison. However, the blueamps seem difficult to get hands on for testing as they are made-to-order, right?
    Best
    Sebastian