What made you play guitar?

• I met my wife when I was playing in a band, so if it weren't for guitars, I wouldn't have met my her and our kids wouldn't exist. That's the reasoning I give when she asks why I have the ever increasing guitar collection, and I seem to get away with it.

The collection of Japanese performance cars though, she doesn't buy any excuses for them. But you're right, the dudes love them

Tell her they provide a fast getaway for the two of you whenever the kids drive you crazy.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I don't have a cool 'come to jesus' moment. I am a musician. I come from a long line of musicians. It has always been there. Both around me as well as in me.

I also don't have a "struggling artist" story. I was a child, I lived with my parents. I had them, they knew people, those people knew people - and because I was a "natural" (savant, prodigy, etc) I had plenty of gigs within months of first taking it seriously. I was the original Hannah Montana. Regular school kid by day, drunken rock star by night.

But, I can say this - I liked KISS.

Ok, fine, not the greatest musicians. But it was fun and entertaining. A lot of what I did on stage was no doubt because of them. 38 years later, what I do is more about the business stuff. Sometimes I get paid to be a star. Sometimes I get paid to stand in the background and make the star look good.

I don't own a Kemper but was here investigating. If I answer a post, it is based on general knowledge - not on Kemper experience.

• I had to really think about who inspired me to play.

Turns out it was John Denver, Hee Haw, and Jim Croce. I didn't even hear Hendrix until I was in middle school, and he has been dead for over ten years. Growing up without an FM radio was a real pisser.

I'm more of a songwriter then guitar wizard.

• I saw the cover of a Status Quo album called ‘The golden hour’ ...this plus hearing a local band at school playing ‘Strong Arm of The Law’ by Saxon ...

I was doing relatively well at school until that day hahaha...