trasfering RM to new PC without backup - SOLVED

• Hi there guys...I had to reinstall from fresh win 7 in which I used to have RM working perfectly. I had several folder of sorted profiles but I didn't copy these outside RM.

I have to reinstall RM in the new win 7 and would like to have the same folders. Is it possible using the old RM data? In fact the old hard drive is not formatted and still there are all the program files thus RM also with inside forlders.

Is there a way to install RM, copy the files in the old RM folrders and have the same thing as before?

all the best

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• EDIT

I have found another rm folder located in user\documents\kemper amps and this folder contains an autobackup folder with autobackup files and local library files. are those the ones I can use to restore my old rm?

the local library files seem to be archives...

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• EDIT 2

I have seen now for the first time the RM backup function...which I never did before. Does this mean that I cannot restore RM as I had it?

what about the autobackup file?

• I don't about the autobackup, but i did install a fresh RM from a backup file created with the backup function and it woked perfectly for what I remember.
    You could try it ?
    Or if you still can laucnh RM with your old system, create a "real" backup file to load...

• I do not know about an autosave function .
    The backup has to be manually.
    But you can look if there is a file with suffix ".rmbackup".
    If there is one you can see the date when it was made.
    If you do not have then I 'm afraid you lost your archieve and only the content of the Kemper is left.

• yes...I lost almost everything. I figured it out now... ;(

anyways, all the purchased profiles are saved in a different drive, so slowly I will retrieve all of them

thanks all for your help

m

• The Autobackup folder is used by Rig Manager automatically. In case you upgraded Rig Manager, and there are significant changes in the database handling, Rig Manager will first create a backup automatically, so if something goes wrong, you can restore the state of the previous version.
    Though we usually do not recommend this, you can try to get the following folder from your old hard drive and copy it to the same location on the new one:

C:\Users\#yourusername#\AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\RigManager

Then you should have everything back in place. But remember to use the built-in backup function from time to time.

• The Autobackup folder is used by Rig Manager automatically. In case you upgraded Rig Manager, and there are significant changes in the database handling, Rig Manager will first create a backup automatically, so if something goes wrong, you can restore the state of the previous version.
    Though we usually do not recommend this, you can try to get the following folder from your old hard drive and copy it to the same location on the new one:

C:\Users\#yourusername#\AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\RigManager

Then you should have everything back in place. But remember to use the built-in backup function from time to time.

Thanks Arne... at first I thought to do so but considered it useless. Now you give me hope...I will try to copy the folder to see what's going on. Will keep you posted on the results...crossing fingers! :thumbup:

• well...trying to access the older appdata folder I had to become proprietary but cannot access the 'local' folder: it denies the access! I'm stuck! Local folder seems to be stuck with the old proprietary, which was me in the other pc...I'm searching for a solution on the web

• ok...got it! I have found and copied the folder of the old pc. In fact, exploring it, I could find the local library with all the folder I created and thought I lost. At least they are there.

Now I'll try to overwrite the existing RM folder with this one and see what's on. Crossing fingers again!

• yesss! it worked...all the folders are in place as I left them!

thanks Arne for your tip: it sure did solve the think.

If you find it useful for the community, I would change the thread title with one suitable and the word 'solved' next to it so it can be of use for others...

m