Pitch Shifter Stomp Pedal

• A Pitch shifting stomp pedal would be great, and integration to control it with a foot pedal would be nuts.Im sure it will happen, but i just wanted to put it out to the universe, much like the Octave Pog octaver pedal idea.

--
    Beau McKee - Producing Engineer
    @ Frequency Studios
    RECORD - PRODUCE - MIX - MASTER
    Phone: +61 421 938 284

http://www.BeauMcKee.com

Edited once, last by Beau_Mckee ().

• Yes, I really would LOVE this feature also...I think Ive brought it up about 20 times already...along with an intelligent Harmonizer and a pc/mac editor (for renaming files and adjusting parameters) :thumbup:

• hey guys,

while I can see the benefits of a librarian program, the whole editor thing is a bit of a mystery to me.
    sure, if you're dealing with a 'one big knob and a bunch of buttons' kinda device, an editor might be preferable to working on the machine itself, but with the kind of UI the Profiler has...

I enjoy nothing more than to play guitar and to be able to just grab a knob, adjust the EQ, gain, stompbox setting, reverb level etc. instantly - just like when I was playing a half stack with dirt pedals and a tape delay.

It's all there. The knobs even behave like the real thing, I can go into a solo section, realize I need a bit more gain, grab the gain control and adjust it intuitively to get where I want to be.

why should anyone want to turn a virtual knob with a mouse instead?

• It's not about tweaking... I can understand that for many people it's important to easily name a rig, I don't care.
    But I do care a lot about the possibility of auditioning profiles before importing them, or having a simple way to just manage/install/delete profiles. As you know, currently it's close to impossible to really manage your profiles with the kind of UI the Profiler has... ;)
    But you said you see the benefits of a librarian software. I don't understand why you wouldn't see the benefits of an editor then. And I don't really see why would it be so hard to make an editor for the KPA, considering that the same people are behind the Virus synth, which has an amazing editor.
    I mean... come on. Even a crappy L6 Pod has a software editor... you can still just turn the knobs on the unit, but sometimes it's very useful to be able to do this remotely.

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• The dials on the front are fine if you only use a couple of profiles, or like to randomly browse to find what you like then do very minor tweaks, and only ever use the snapshot functionality to save presets. But if you ever do anything more then they're not sufficient.

Otherwise it forces you into this workflow and limiting you from doing more, such as e.g. making profiles or new rigs, because that would require entering text which is a nightmare, or searching through the ungrouped stomps and rigs, which is also a nightmare, or going through the settings of stomps which is just very slow because it's all on multiple pages and you can't see settings side by side etc etc.

• The dials on the front are fine if you only use a couple of profiles, or like to randomly browse to find what you like then do very minor tweaks, and only ever use the snapshot functionality to save presets. But if you ever do anything more then they're not sufficient.

Otherwise it forces you into this workflow and limiting you from doing more, such as e.g. making profiles or new rigs, because that would require entering text which is a nightmare, or searching through the ungrouped stomps and rigs, which is also a nightmare, or going through the settings of stomps which is just very slow because it's all on multiple pages and you can't see settings side by side etc etc.

Yes, visibility!
    I can't express myself perfectly in English, so thanks for explaining my thoughts.
    The main concern is seeing settings side by side or comparing things, etc. which is not quite possible right now.

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• For me an Editor /Librarian, that you could use to load/audition sounds, manage sounds etc and without having to reboot every time, would be nice to have, but yes you're right for the most part it's a lot easier to just grab the Real knobs on the unit then using a mouse to do that, the design of the Kpa is very good for that.

• It's not about tweaking... I can understand that for many people it's important to easily name a rig, I don't care.
    But I do care a lot about the possibility of auditioning profiles before importing them, or having a simple way to just manage/install/delete profiles. As you know, currently it's close to impossible to really manage your profiles with the kind of UI the Profiler has... ;)
    But you said you see the benefits of a librarian software. I don't understand why you wouldn't see the benefits of an editor then. And I don't really see why would it be so hard to make an editor for the KPA, considering that the same people are behind the Virus synth, which has an amazing editor.
    I mean... come on. Even a crappy L6 Pod has a software editor... you can still just turn the knobs on the unit, but sometimes it's very useful to be able to do this remotely.

+1 to this.

Here's my experience wokring on managing rigs using the KPA's UI:

deleting profiles manually from the kemper is WAY too time consuming. The first time i loaded profile from the rig exchange i had about 250 files on the usb stick. my only chance was to copy all of them, and then manually delete each one in the kemper by "activating the browse dial, pressing delete, confirm, select next profile". I also wanted to 'clean up' my kemper by selecting the stock profiles i really need.

So with both things combined, i stopped after the 10th profile since i realized it would take WAY too long. So alternatively i started exporting the profiles i wanted to keep to the USB, flashed theinternal memory afterwards, then imported all rigs i had selected from USB.

Intuitively, it should be roughly the same amount to delete rigs or export selected rigs. Well, it isn't. Having to use the browse dial to select each profile takes much longer since it does not refresh the sound. The list get's updated, but you stil hear the deleted profile. Additionally, you get out from the browser after a few seconds or trying the profile. Personally, i mostly need more than 2 secs to judge a rig, since i try adjusting EQ and drive first before discarding it. In conjunctions, this happened to me with the 'delete selected profiles' method : "Did i just go one forth or one back?", "What rig out of the 10+ similarly named ones where I?", "Did i just delete the right rig!?"... You get the idea.

At least in my experience, deleting individual profiles after importing a large batch gets very umpractical.

tl;dr i REALLY see the point in having a pc/mac software librarian and would personally greatly profit from having one. I don't need a fully loaded editor, though: tweaking rigs using the kemper dials works fine for me.

• +1 to Pitch Shifting.

+1 to Librarian - Amp/Cab auditioning would be great here. Tweaking the settings with a knob turn on the Kemper itself seems easy enough, but changing the amp or cab quickly would be plus when trying to dial in the right combo.

• Not just a librarian. There should be patch and parameter editing too. The Kemper isn't always right in front of you when you're working with it, and even when it is, for anything other than minor tweaks it's slower than working with a well designed computer based GUI where you can see all the parameters laid out side by side.

Put it this way, with a real physical rig you'd see the controls on each pedal right there in front of you, with a computer s teen you have the resolution to do this, and offer niceties such as parameter copy/paste, multiple parameter selection and control, tab focus and numerical input via keyboard, reset value on CTRL+click or RMB click, quick midi setup a-la Abelton Live so you can set exactly which parameters are controlled by which button or pedal in a Rig with a click and tap, easy overview and visualization of such relationships.

It needs to be more than a simple librarian for renaming and selecting stuff.

• Pitch shifting whammy style is definitely something I would like to see first, but any other pitch harmony shifting mangling effects like the Eventide pitch factor pedal can do would be welcome.

• I think it's a great idea to have a harmonising type pedal. I like to create harmonies based on a key and scale using my Pitchfactor. It would be great if this could be in the KPA.