Pitch Shifter Stomp Pedal

• Keep this thread alive brothers!!!....Soon the KPA team will have to take note! Plus my back kills me for the extra board I have to take just to use an octave and harmony. Please KPA team make our Christmas a great one by giving us these effects...or at least the octave just to get started....heck, even a test beta prototype of one of these effects would KICK BOOTY!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• +1 to pitch shift and intelligent harmony. And I think I've mentioned in the past, please give us upward range of more than just a single octave and include some sort of EQ/tone shaping control over the harmony notes.

...and polyphonic operation like the Whammy V (sure I've mentioned it a bunch of times already).

• Quoted from "burningyen"
    +1 to pitch shift and intelligent harmony. And I think I've mentioned in the past, please give us upward range of more than just a single octave and include some sort of EQ/tone shaping control over the harmony notes.

...and polyphonic operation like the Whammy V (sure I've mentioned it a bunch of times already).

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!!

• I would like the pitch shifter/harmony effect to be assigned in the Stomp section, or AFTER the amp as a stereo effect.

Using it before the amp would drive the amp or a distortion stomp with a more complex signal, and would be great for whammy effects, octave fuzz, etc. Dropping the pitch an octave down can turn a strat into a fender bass, with the right bass amp profile. Mixing in a small amount of octave up guitar can create a sound similar to a twelve string.

Intelligent harmony after the amplifier would sound much more like two separate guitarists - especially in stereo.

A classic Eventide chorus effect was also acheived with a small amount of pitch shifting - setting the display at 1.01 was the quintessential 1970s Journey vocal sound, as well as a very popular guitar effect. The TC Electronic equivalent chorus sound is made by raising one voice eight to ten cents, and lowering the other voice eight to ten cents. When those two detuned voices are mixed with the original, the chorus effect is more like multiple guitar tracks than like a swirly analog pedal.

• I would assume it would be implemented like all the other effects (except delay and reverb) meaning it could be placed before, after, or even before AND after the profile.

• a lot of assumptions here, has it ever been hinted this effect is on the cards? :?:

We have no specific timeline for any kind of pitch shifters.

Ck Just posted the quote, above, today.(Here)
    Seems as if you are correct, clarkydaz.
    At least this is one thing we can take off our wish list for NAMM :(
    I would rather know now, than be disappointed.
    Maybe it will still come, down the road :rolleyes:
    So, for now, we have to dust off our Whammy pedals.(I use a Boss PS-6)

Edited once, last by imall41 ().

• Addition of the pitch effect (pitch shifter, intelligent harmonizer, whammy etc.) will make KPA a true and ultimate all-in-one guitar amp/effect box for me (and many others) :rolleyes:

Jake

• Finally I have resolved my Pitch Shifter /Harmonist needs with buying a Digitech Harmonyman. It working very good on my effect loop, but now I can,t use the slot X for everything else when I use the harmonist. :(