[LRS] Orng Rocker MKIII Experiment - Real is the Deal V7.2

• Seeking to recreate the sound of an Orange Rockerverb mkiii head through many cabinets, speaker and microphones.

Included in the release is a dual amp profile of the Orange and the ReVv. Yes, this is a sign of things to come.

A huge thanks to @Locrain for the super clips:

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

Moderator Notice:

Moderator Notice:

Pack has amazing clean, low gain, mid gain and high gain.

108 profiles to start. And you know, free updates!
    V2 is live, 6 profiles. :)

There are serious modern popular tones here.

http://livereadysound.com/product/new-juiced-rocker-mkiii/

• When Tim told me he had pulled the trigger on a Rockerverb, I was pretty excited to hear the results. It's an amp I've always wanted, but I have had a terrible time finding very many profiles of one that I really really liked. Mostly they feel, to me, to be loose and flubby on the bottom end, dark overall, and lacking in cut. Much of the shows that I've seen Rockerverbs used at were post-hardcore and the like, pretty heavy, I just didn't like the profiles I had for modern sounds. I'm sure there are good profiles out there, I just haven't found many.

I really really like this pack, it has a lot of great sounding profiles already, and I really like the dual-amp profile that he mentioned. I am excited about more dual-amp profiles from LRS. This pack will cover a lot of ground, there are a lot of great clean and crunch/mid-gain, lots of bloom in the chords. I'm more drawn to heavier tones, as we know haha, and I really like a lot of the profiles here.

I haven't been able to spend a lot of time with the entire pack yet, but I've done clips of four songs so far, and I have had no trouble getting a tone that fit my vision for how it should sound in the song. I'm sure my clips might be better if I tweaked, but I like to just find a couple profiles I like, and use them for the song as they come, untouched, I am never let down.

The clips above have almost no post-processing at all (on the guitars that is, the backing track drums/bass/vocals are done very well, but not by me!).. Light EQ/comp on the (mangled) solo, and a little compression for glue on the master buss with a pretty soft -1.4db limiter. So the tones you hear are reachable as soon as you buy the pack. :D

Guitar is a PRS CU24 with the old T&Bs from the 80s, I've been meaning to replace them, I've never liked them, but I've been playing it a lot more, since it's the only thing I have in standard tuning, and I've been really happy with how it works in a mix actually. I'll probably still swap the p/ups. :D

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

Edited once, last by Locrain ().

• Great playing and as always very helpful examples my friend @Locrain
    Tim you did the dual amp thing, awesome man, your becoming unstable (sounds great)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Tim you did the dual amp thing, awesome man, your becoming unstable (sounds great)

Ash

I was excited to see the dual amp profile. Not a lot of people offer that.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Moderator Notice:

Man this clips slays

• Thanks! I actually just kind of randomly grabbed two profiles that sounded in the ballpark (they may have even been the first two I tried), and I think it pretty much nailed it, tone-wise. I have had several people comment on how close it is. Happy accident for me, lots of hard work by Tim. :D

It really is a killer, killer pack. Tons of ground covered.

Ash

Becoming? Hahahaha!

Man this clips slays

Indeed it does! Thanks for stopping in!

Thanks! I actually just kind of randomly grabbed two profiles that sounded in the ballpark (they may have even been the first two I tried), and I think it pretty much nailed it, tone-wise. I have had several people comment on how close it is. Happy accident for me, lots of hard work by Tim. :D

It really is a killer, killer pack. Tons of ground covered.

:D

• Just want to remember what an awesome amp this rockerverb is

This is the rockerverb V30 01 profile , all sounds here with this one profile. Only volume knob, neck and bridge pu and a bit boost with the leadbooster stomp on two parts.

Moderator Notice:

Cheers

Frank

• Awesome clips Frank.

The Rocker has some real nice harmonic complexity in the upper registers and it comes through nicely here :)

Thanks for posting!

Thanks Tim, do you hear that nice sound of the strings in the very first part? This is what I like the most when playing breakup sounds. There are so many profiles which didn’t have that magic. The rockerverb got it and I love it.

• Man this is such a great pack. I may have a weird ear, but most of the Orange profiles out there don't really do it for me, at least not for a modern rock tone (which the Rockerverb is so tied to), but this pack covers a huge amount of ground, and hits all the high notes for me.