Evertune appreciation thread!

• And another reason a guitar goes out of tune is simply because too many use too thin string gauges. A saw a video on YT a luthier who work with ACDC and he said Stevie Young hit the strings very hard and therefore use 12-56 string gauge and they're playing in E standard. If you're a light picker then thinner string gauges are fine but if you pick little harder then you will benefit with heavier gauges and the strings will stay in tuner better and longer. I got a 11-49 set for d drop and have a 56 on low E on a Schecter BlackJack and damn, the guitar stays in tune better than any other non-evertune guitar I ever owned.

Just as an aside, it's key to note that the Evertune standard saddles are good enough for most people, but if you're detuned with light strings (or play in standard with unusually heavy strings, I imagine) you may have to spring for a lighter/heavier saddle set. It can be a little unsettling when you can't dial in Zone 2 correctly on one particular string, and while it only happened to me once the alternative in the short term might be to simply go for a different string gauge.

• Just as an aside, it's key to note that the Evertune standard saddles are good enough for most people, but if you're detuned with light strings (or play in standard with unusually heavy strings, I imagine) you may have to spring for a lighter/heavier saddle set. It can be a little unsettling when you can't dial in Zone 2 correctly on one particular string, and while it only happened to me once the alternative in the short term might be to simply go for a different string gauge.

Sure but that post was about non-evertune guitars. Anyway if you need tighter springs for the tension you can just put on smaller springs on evertune springs. That's how the luthier Anders Thidell, the True Temprament neck inventor.did on my ESP Horizon. I used 10-52 for E standard for a while until I decided to go back to D standard again. But he only needed to do that with the A and D string.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I have a very cheap guitar that came with an evertune (that's the reason I got it). It's a VGS Road Cruiser. I got it even cheaper because at the the shop they thought it was impossible to bend strings. It was there for some years until I rescued it.

I'm very happy with it. I think the pickups are not very good (EMG HZ), so I'd like to change them when I decide which ones would be right.

The only complain I have: I read somewhere that you loose sustain from fret 12 to the end of the neck. That's true with my guitar. I don't know if it's because of the pick ups, because of the guitar itself or because of the evertune.

Anyway I'm planning to get a better guitar with evertune.

I highly recommend trying the system. It doesn't only stays in tune: It corrects the little deviations that happen when you don't place the fingers perfectly and when you press chords too hard with the left hand. And, of course, guitar doesn't go sharp when you hit chords hard with the right hand. That all is so liberating when you are recording or playing live... Priceless.

• I converted to Evertune a year ago now and it was mainly with live performances in mind. Open air gigs benefit hugely when temperature changes happen during a show. Tunings are Eb and drop C#. The standard springs work fine with 10-46 strings and I have not experienced and lack of sustain anywhere on the neck.

Simplicity of setup is a great benefit of Evertune and intonation is the best I experienced in any guitar.

My guitar is a Solar A1.6 etc, but watch the ESP demos of the Evertune bridge to see how the 3 zones work with string bends. I leave the bottom 3 strings in the middle of zone 2 and the top 3 strings on the cusp of zone 3 for bending.

https://www.espguitars.com/videos/2032724

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Some say they lost some sustain. Some, like me, didn't loose anything. Some complain the same about less sustain with floating trems like FR or any of Ibanez versions. I've never had less sustain with either FR or Ibanez trems. I guess the complainers don't now a shite about how to set up a guitar properly. Now evertune released a new comb that is said to give back more sustain for those that lost some of it.

Henry David Thoreau

• I did notice a minor loss of sustain compared to my string-thru-body 27" when going to a Solar A1.7C (26.5"), but the difference is not so big to be a hindrance. The upside of staying in tune far outweighs it.

Vortech - Finnish Industrial Death Metal since 2000

• Some say they lost some sustain. Some, like me, didn't loose anything. Some complain the same about less sustain with floating trems like FR or any of Ibanez versions. I've never had less sustain with either FR or Ibanez trems. I guess the complainers don't now a shite about how to set up a guitar properly. Now evertune released a new comb that is said to give back more sustain for those that lost some of it.

Yes... I probably "don't know a shite about how to set up a guitar properly".

People at Evertune must be as dumb as I am, if they have released a "new comb that is said to give back more sustain for those that lost some of it". I haven't seen that new comb. Could you extend on that?

Thanks!

• I just checked out pricing, so my interest is quite a bit lower now ;)

:)

Man, the one I got was so cheap that I took the risk. And now I want a better one.

I recently recorded some guitars for a friend who is making strange songs. At home. First time recording with Evertune. It was SO nice not worrying about being in tune, and being able to hit hard on the strings... Gratifying. I just had to play and think about the song and what I could do with it. Great experience. A new world. Nothing disturbing the fun of it.

I think it's worth the money and encourage you to try one, anyway;)

• I just checked out pricing, so my interest is quite a bit lower now ;)

Don't get an Evertune fitted to an existing guitar if you want value for money:-) The cost of installation is about as much as the unit itself.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• The reason Evertune has less sustain is all because of the saddles.

The individual saddles vibrates and steals the strings energy.

It's that simple. If you ever had the saddle close to the bendstop, you can hear a rapid rattling sound against the bendstop; that is the amount of vibration you're dealing with.

Some people say Evertune loses sustain because "so much wood carved out" but that is absolutely false.

I love Evertune and use them every day but this is just facts.

I don't care about the shorter sustain with Evertune because I love the tuning stability and intonation you get.

• Yes... I probably "don't know a shite about how to set up a guitar properly".

People at Evertune must be as dumb as I am, if they have released a "new comb that is said to give back more sustain for those that lost some of it". I haven't seen that new comb. Could you extend on that?

Thanks!

I never said you don't know how to set up a guitar did I? I don't know you but if you feel guilty of that...:D

This is how the comb looked like in the video on the right.

https://www.evertune.com/resou…d_installation_videos.php

This is how the new comb looks like if you scroll down you see it on the left.

https://www.evertune.com/shop/parts.php

Why some got little less sustain I don't know. If it because of the installer or something else? Anyway no the guys at Evertune are not dumb. Like in all business there's a thing as called upgrade with new mark II, mark III...:rolleyes:

Henry David Thoreau

• 3 Years ago i bought my first Evertune Guitar... A cheap VGS Guitar to check out Evertune. Since then i bought another 3 Evertune Guitars. Another 2 Guitars with Floyd Rose Tremolo are now @ guitarcare to install an Evertunebridge ... I love Evertune?

• Why some got little less sustain I don't know. If it because of the installer or something else? Anyway no the guys at Evertune are not dumb. Like in all business there's a thing as called upgrade with new mark II, mark III...:rolleyes:

I just explained it above.

The saddles vibrates and steals the strings sustain. It's simple physics.

Think about SLIDE GUITAR.

How comes you can play slide guitar with glass or metal, and not just your fingernails?

Because the glass and metal is hard enough to not absorb the vibrations.

"but Evertune saddles are made from metal"?

Yes, but given how the bridge is designed, they still vibrate.

You dont get as much sustain from a slide tube as you get a regular open or fretted string, right?

I have tried several factory original Evertune guitars, guitars retrofitted by Evertune themselves, and also installed a few Evertune bridges myself.

So I have been able to actually record a guitar before installation, and after installation, and the sustain was remarkably shorter.

There is absolutely NOTHING about the installation or routing that can affect the sustain.

It's just a square hole that you put the bridge in, there's nothing spectacular about it.