Evertune appreciation thread!

• 3 Years ago i bought my first Evertune Guitar... A cheap VGS Guitar to check out Evertune. Since then i bought another 3 Evertune Guitars. Another 2 Guitars with Floyd Rose Tremolo are now @ guitarcare to install an Evertunebridge ... I love Evertune?

Was that VGS a Roadcruiser?

In case yes, do you like the pickups?

• I emailed Evertune asking for the new Comb and the Sustain. I think I should share their answer because it is official information:

"The new comb was created because some customers were experiencing buzzing issues, however the new comb presses the saddles together with more force which slightly improves sustain and resonance. It is possible to order the comb from us and install it on your guitar if you wish to do so. We do have installation instructions available here: https://www.evertune.com/resou…w_to_install_a_new_saddle

The only other thing you can try is to use lighter gauges. It seems that the resonance and sustain with floating saddles in general seems to be impacted with stiff strings, which is most apparent when playing notes high up the neck, as the shorter length of the string will make it very stiff. Using thinner gauges will make the strings less stiff and should help with the sustain.

Yes, all new guitars are now shipping with the new larger comb, we no longer produce the old comb anymore but you might still find it on some older guitars.

Best regards,

Herbert"

• That is true. The new comb does makes things a little better.

Somebody from Evertune actually sent a comb to me for free a while ago, so I recorded A/B tests before and after and yes, a little better sustain. Still not perfect but that's ok.

So... GearJocke ... Seems like you tried to ignore me at first, when I explained why Evertune has less sustain.

Even Evertune themselves confirms exactly what I explained.

The saddles vibrates and therefor steals the strings sustain.

As I said. SIMPLE PHYSICS.

Do you believe me now? :D

Nobody said that the Evertune developers are "dumb".

They have made a FANTASTIC product that I personally love to death and use and enjoy every day!

But I don't pretend it's perfect because while it has some pros (staying in tune) it also has cons (less sustain than regular bridges).

You can critisize things you love. Maybe the next Evertune will have improved sustain over the original design.

I'm gonna be one of the first to try it out.

• Yes, your earlier explanation was very reasonable.

They also say in the mail that they DIDN'T design the new Comb for the sustain thing but for the buzz.

I'm also willing to try the new model, but it's supposed to be available one year after the Bass version.