Capturing VSTs

• I recently bought the fortin nameless, and want to profile them for live use. This vst sounds huge, and I'd love some tips on how to capture it on the Kemper.

I have a RME UC and I'm not sure how to route it.

Any advice would be much appreciated! And ofc I will share the end product on RM. :)

• Simple!

Dial it in the way you like it for lead and rhythm playing, for bridge and neck PU positions, and... fire away!

No need to stress about your DAW-buffer settings as long as the latency isn't huge; it'll be reduced to 3ms once you play any of the resulting Profiles.

Thank you in advance for doing this and sharing, mate!

EDIT:
    Oops! I don't know the RME unit, so I'll let someone who does guide you with that.

• "Connections for Profiling a Computer-Based Guitar Amp Simulation

• Connect your guitar to the INPUT of the Profiler.
    • Connect the DIRECT OUTPUT/SEND from the Profiler to the appropriate input on your computer’s audio interface.
    • Route the output of your guitar amp simulation software to a specific hardware output of your computer’s audio interface.
    • Connect this output to the RETURN INPUT of the Profiler.

Be sure to disengage the noise-gate in your guitar amp simulation software before profiling it."

from the Kemper Profiling Guide, page 14 ;)

• Hello again!

I thought I should share some of the profiles that I made of the Fortin Names.
    I actually ended up using both Fortin Nameless and Positive BIAS (just for the pedals) together on some of the profiles.
    The result is pretty amazing in my opinion. Hope some of you dig it and get to use them :)
    I had a blast doing it all that!

They are on rig exchange under my name Aleksander Ilievski.

• you need to clearly mark these Profiles in the Rig Name or Amplifier tags as VST/plugin/modeler.
    it is paramount that these will not be confused with Profiles from a real amp