Should I buy a Klon Centaur clone or Kemper could get very close?

• Definitely, but he can also use anything on the planet and he chose the Archer which is a viable option for people not wanting to buy a Klon.

I think the Archer sounds great too. I like the Silver. The silver archer would be my second choice.

I think the Tumnus is a great variation on the theme with a bit more 'girth'.

There are tons of variation around nowadays. I think most of them sound great!

I chose the ARC Effects Klon Klone because of the bass boost but in reality I almost never ended up using that feature.

• With the Kemper, we are not restricted to one amp but a multitude, so I'm just asking if actually the same effect is possible using different amps rather than stomps. In the case of the Fender, you could choose a HotRod deluxe for extra grit or a matchless blah blah.

But as I said, I'm not a stomp guy ( I'm not anti stomp either :) ). I've always just used the the Amp gain structure and eq. I've never got on with pedals in the front...but that's just me..maybe there is a big world I'm missing :)

I feel the same too.

Why put a Wampler Pinnacle in front of your Plexi Profile when you can use a 5150 profile set where it is cooking? Rather than placing a Dude Pedal in front a Vox profile, I'd rather use a Kingsley Profile. No contest - for me, that is. ^^

On the other hand, if you normally play with a Klon in front of your JTM 50 and you want exactly that sound for your boost and the ability to change the settings then you should probably buy a Klon.

If you haven't already been using one, I can't see you 'Jonesing' for one with a Kemper. There are already endless gain stage options with profiles.

The Klon was made to solve a problem that a Kemper owner doesn't have.

• On the other hand, if you normally play with a Klon in front of your JTM 50 and you want exactly that sound for your boost and the ability to change the settings then you should probably buy a Klon.

if you “normally “ play with a Klon.......your JTM50 ......... you must already have both. Just profile them tpgether - job done :P

• Try tone junkies lowman klon rigs first(based on a bassman) ..no need to buy one if you find the right rigs

usually where ever you see a + is the klon in their rigs, absolutely nailed it.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• “Clean” boosts became famous for what they do in front of already cooking amps. It’s not a “problem” it’s a recipe.

I owned Aluminum Falcons, Archers and several of the other heralded Klon clones along the way and the Soul Food is cheap and amazing. And in terms of Tube Screamers, it’s not as warm and accurate as my vintage and tweaked by Analog Man original, but the Joyo Vintage Overdrive is a fantastic $30 pedal.

And yes there are some great baked-in drive profiles, but the ability to tweak the character of the boost and it’s relationship to the front of an amazing amp profile would be very helpful.

All these variances between pedals are actually relatively minimal eq and gain structure differences. An all-encompassing single Kemper stomp (of course with helpful presets) would be the ideal.