Are there any REALLY low noise Morgan AC20 profiles?

• Really like 'THE' Morgan AC20 profile that EVERYONE loves!

But I find it too noisy for sparse moments - are there any commercial profiles of an AC20 - that are comparable but quieter?

Cheers,
    Greg

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• Hi Paults - I have seen you are a big fan of the famous profile - as am I!

First of all - I FULLY appreciate I have been lucky enough to play the profile for free - and would STILL happily pay for it! So this is not a complaint of any sort - just looking for something that will work better for my set-up!

Its not something that a noise gate will help with as the noise floor is there when you let clean notes sustain - and as the note rings out - the noise floor is noticeable.

It is not audible when playing chords or loud things - but I play a lot of sparse stuff - where chords have to die out naturally - and thats when its a bit too noticeable for me.

Live - not a problem...but in the studio...a problem!!

I will ty the X slot though - as I have never even thought to put a noise gate there before! Cheers!!

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• I'll take a look at that too Paul (I'm guessing thats your christian name?) - I avoid any additional compression like the plague so I'm quite excited to see if I can roll that parameter back!! Thank you for your help!

• I must say I really have my doubts a profile can actually be noisy at all? @ckemper do you mind chiming in? It can for sure emphasize frequencies where you have noise - but being noisy in itself? Not convinced :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hi musicmad.

I meant noisy in the sense that I load that profile of that particular amplifier, and it has a higher than appreciated noise floor.

Not that the profiling process may have added some unexpected noise, to an otherwise quiet amp. I didn't profile that amp, just benefited from being given it for free on the RE.

Hence asking - does anyone know of another profile of a Morgan AC20 with a quieter noise floor.

It really isn't a technical discussion.

Cheers,
    Greg

• I still think it's worth trouble shooting why @Greg gets the noise at all.
    I'm still using this profile about 98-99% of the time, and I know it so well with so many different guitars that I'm still not getting the noise perception.
    I have set my amp compression to 4.5 BTW.
    And compared to anything else in my music room (Marshall 25235C Mini Jubilee and Marshall JVM410JS) the Kemper with this profile is super quiet.

• Thanks for the direction Ingolf - I have knocked the amp compression down to zero - and that has helped ALOT!

Mine was on 4.5 too...but that was really noisy!

Need to do some experimenting to see how thats affected overall tone etc...but now I have lost that issue...I can start to build it up another way!

Cheers!
    Greg

• Its by rmpacheco - you can search him on RE...its a great profile and real favourite on this forum :)

• Thanks for your advice about x slot noise gate for amp compression noise - I will check that out this afternoon....and see what I can balance out :)

Cheers Paults.