I'm in love with the LOCK button

• I love happy accident in music. I got an incredibly long list of CLEAN and DRY profiles , my favorites. So when I got a great FX and I wanna try it with all the presets, so I LOCK the FX and just browse, looking for gold and magic results and it happens ... Then I can save the magic result maybe change the volume of the FX and get new great profiles ready to play ... yes I love this LOCK button I cann it the LUCK button, coz with LUCK you can find great dry and FX combination by accident, by luck

Do you use this method sometimes?

8)8)8) G Force, Intermediate

• Same here. Effects are pretty much always locked.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• To me it actual doesn't make much sense to audition rigs without either the same effects or no effects locked.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I like it a lot and i'll like it more with the future reverbs :P

Yes sure . To explain my method more (English is my second langage I'm having a hard time here) Let's say I got 100 profiles called DRY 1 DRY 2 etc (no effect on these but already choosen as my favorites ) Then after that if I need to do... exemple: a comping on a song with a delay tempo 125. I fix the delay and the reverb on DRY 1 then LOCK it and audition all the 100 profiles in the context of the song , playing the song listening to the other instruments... even recording a 15 sec sample. Then by magic, I realise lets say...DRY 44 was the best. So I choose that one fine tune it then save it with the name of the song... Coz if you just EQ your guitar in solo mode, it could sound bad with the song and another one that sounds less good in solo mode would be the best in the context of the song.

For some reasons...maybe its just the right complementary frequencies that the song miss and it does'nt kill the singers voice and others instruments. But it just hit the right spot to complement it. Also I must add that I dont record dry and find effects in the mix after for guitars . I take my time until I find a guitar sound that hits the spot. After that I may EQ it or balance the volume but thats all. Of course I record vocals dry but not guitars. EX: If I play with delay a bit like The Edge, I wanna hear it right away while recording... not after

You follow me?
    (As we know we all work differently and thats fine. But its cool to talk about our personal method)

8)8)8) G FORCE, Intermediate

• Just be sure you unlock anything you don't want in EVERY profile when you are through auditioning. I can't remember how many times I have messed up an entire 5 slot performance because I hit STORE and forgot I had locked something.

Be Thankful.

• Just be sure you unlock anything you don't want in EVERY profile when you are through auditioning. I can't remember how many times I have messed up an entire 5 slot performance because I hit STORE and forgot I had locked something.

Me too !!! LOL it happens to all of us... but we learn this lesson fastly ;) lol