Why is my FOH sound NOT like my cab?

• My tone through just my cab is warm, lush, just silk and honey (I always have cab "off" and use a Shure wireless system). This has not changed in years. I walked out into the audience the other night and the sound through the FOH mains was shrill, brittle, unrecognizable from my stage sound. I use Monitor Out to FOH if that matters, the Main Out is no different sonically. Adjusting the treble to zero and boosting the bass helped a tiny bit, but only that...

Does anyone have ideas on why there is such a drastic difference in my sound from stage to FOH? Our mains are Allen & Heath btw, as are our stage monitors, which give the same warm, rich tones of my offline cabs. (I appreciate your feedback, though can create my own LOL.)

Gary ô¿ô

• It depends where you turn your cab off. If you turn it off in the stack, then there is no Cab anywhere which is fine for your stage cab but not so good for FOH.
    I'd be inclined to send the main out(s) to FOH with the cab on and use the monitor out for your stage setup, turning off the cab off in the (monitor) output section.

• as already mentioned,
    to use a guitar cabinet on stage and a FOH feed at the same time you need to send a signal without the CABINET portion to the cabinet,
    and a signal with the Profiler's CABINET engaged on the Main Outs.

1) make sure the CABINET slot is 'on'
    2) go to OUTPUT, page 3/7 and tick the box "Monitor Cab Off")

you need to use the Main Outs for the FOH signal, because Monitor Out and Speaker Out always feature the same signal.

hth

• Yep,, set it up like DonPetersen says,,,
    works fantastic,, best PA,, tone ,I have ever had,, its been SO consistent every gig,,
    then when you mess with your stage tone/ vol... the FOH says the same,,

• 1) make sure the CABINET slot is 'on'
    2) go to OUTPUT, page 3/7 and tick the box "Monitor Cab Off")

you need to use the Main Outs for the FOH signal, because Monitor Out and Speaker Out always feature the same signal.

Well at least the ONLY stupid mistake I made was using the Monitor Out, all else was already set as you said. I used to use the Main Out, don't recall what 'inspired' me to change that. Hmm...

I have my stupid moments @Ingolf and others, thanks for sorting me out!

Gary ô¿ô

Edited once, last by prsgary ().

• You played a whole gig with cab off through FOH. Good thing it wasn't metal :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM