Kemper not loud enough (solved)

• Speaker Out always to a passive cab thru a speaker cable. Monitor out is line like mains out so you can send it to power amps, powered cabs, Mixer, etc. Let's hope the headrush still works.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• No. Oh man, that’s no good. The manual wasn’t very clear about this. Oke, monitor out is the way to go.

I have found that a 1/4” to XLR cable works best as far as reducing noise goes. So if your Headrush has XLR inputs that might be best for you.

• No. Oh man, that’s no good. The manual wasn’t very clear about this. Oke, monitor out is the way to go.

From the manual :

 WARNING!
    Never connect an active device to the power amp output! Any active devices (such as power soaks) that have a
    grounded circuit will destroy the power amp by creating a short circuit.
    Only passive speaker systems should be connected to the SPEAKER OUTPUT.
    Please refrain from connecting devices with impedances lower than 4 ohms, as the power amp could be damaged.
    Always ensure adequate ventilation - especially if mounting your PROFILER into a rack. Failure to do so may cause the power amp to shut down to prevent overheating.

I'm hoping this isn't the case, but you might have damaged the power amp in your Kemper. You might need to send it back for repair. Hopefully, it's stil under warranty.

• I don’t think it’s fried. I have been able to still use them. Oke I’ll have to try this afternoon and see. How would I notice they’re fried?

Edit: oke, to make things clear: I attached it to the main output! NOT the speaker output! So I’m good.

• Main Output should be fine, but earlier you said you attached it to the Speaker Out, so I’m confused.

If it’s the Main Outs you’re using then we should be able to figure out what is going on much more easily.

• Just so its clear - you should only use 1 power amp at a time, not 1 power amp into another.

Both the headrush and Kemper have power amps.

So you either need to use the kemper as just a pre amp ( any output except the speaker output) or the Headrush as just a cab.

In any case, the Kemper or headrush will give you plenty of volume in the right configuration.

• Yes my bad. It’s the main outs so I’m safe. I tried the monitor out now, attached the main volume to the monitor out and everything is loud as hell! I also changed the eq on some of the profiles to include more mids and less bass and it sounds fantastic. Now I’ll have to figure out the proper way to use a volume pedal so I can easily boost my leads but there is a tutotial for that. Thanks for the help!

• Now I’ll have to figure out the proper way to use a volume pedal so I can easily boost my leads but there is a tutotial for that.

Use Morphing, if you have the Remote. This way, you can just morph the Rig volume to give you a boost (or any EQ values... actually ANY continuous parameter, pretty much). By default, when you hit a slot button a second time in Performance mode, you trigger morphing, though there's an option in System Settings to disable it (check that it isn't disabled if you can't get it to work). You can adjust the rise and fall times for a gradual or sharp morph in the Rig settings.

• I was thinking the same thing Sam. But you don't even need the remote to do it. You can trigger Morphing with any momentary switch attached to pedal 1 or 2 on the KPA too.

Another option without the remote would be to assign a boost to one of the slots and trigger this from one of the pedal inputs. Finally, you could set up one or more rhythm and lead sounds as different slots in performance mode and set a double footswitch to step up/down through them.

• Thanks guys. I set up morphing with the remote to control the gain. I’ve setup a pedal to control the volume. Pedal pressed down gives max volume. I’m loving this. So many options ...

Also, you can select where you want the volume control to be in the chain.
    Pre amp stack or post amp stack at the least, and maybe even pre stomps and post effects.

This will change how the amp profile sounds when adjusting your volume pedal.
    Pre amp stack will affect the amount of distortion, post amp stack will affect overall volume without changing the tone/distortion.

I think this is assignable on a per-rig basis.

• Thanks guys. I set up morphing with the remote to control the gain. I’ve setup a pedal to control the volume. Pedal pressed down gives max volume. I’m loving this. So many options ...

Personally I use morphing for volume and gain, just for added boost for riffs. Otherwise you are balancing where your volume pedal is.

I leave my volume pedal for swells...just a suggestion.

Also set morph for 0 delay so that the changes are instant...

• Well it's funny how the kemper is often the culprit. But is this your Headrush?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFjKjWJTInU
    8)8)8) G Force, Intermediate

But is this the headrush you got? Thanks to answer our question too Thanks

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.