Most accurate Diezel VH4 profiles?

• Hey guys looking for some help here from the veteran KPA guys and specifically those with familiarity of the Diezel VH4 amplifier. I searched this topic without much success here on the forum so if it's been addressed already forgive me and kindly point me in the right direction. Now since tone is both subjective and in the "ear of the beholder", I'm running my Kemper into my Mesa Boogie 6L6 50 Watt power amp and into a Boogie Cab loaded with Black Shadow speakers to get the famous low end grunt since there's no way to adjust the "Deep" as on the VH4 (and the Bass control only does so much) and I'm using a Gibson Les Paul with a Motor City Pickups Angel Dust (will swap to Afwayu soon) .

I have the paid packs from several of the best profilers like Deadlight, Lasse Lammert and Guidorist etc and while they are all great and usable I'm wondering if I'm missing any really great profiles? So for those who record and gig with VH4 profiles or better yet those who own or have played a real VH4, which is most accurate to your ear? I'm specifically aiming for Channel 3 ala Adam Jones and to a lesser degree James Hetfield. Mainly targeting the Tool sounds and for those who will ask, the Lateralus, 10,000 Days and Aenema albums. Also, should any Tool fans suggest as much...yes I also have a modded Marshall amp and a Mesa Rectifier and an ABC switch so I could theoretically run a 3 amp setup but going for simplicity here with the Kemper :D

Thanks in advance,

• Hi,
    don't know if you're still looking, but having owned a Diezel VH4 in the past, I can also suggest the profiles from http://www.vh4profiles.com:

https://youtu.be/f2QrGykwskg

They're surely not as popular in the community as the Lammert or TAF, but I bought them and I really liked their tone and - even more - the feeling under the fingertips, just like the Bogner XTC 20th Anniversary pack from Pete's Profiles (another amazing pack imho).

Regarding the tone, I find them very versatile, definitely more towards rock than modern scooped metal, and again the feeling is right...I owned a real VH4 (mainly because of Adam Jones as many of us lol) and for my experience and taste, they really nailed what it felt like playing the real deal.

• It would help me to know what you already have :) so far the list you mentioned did not include IVAN (Cili labs) he has the James Hetfield sound and a good channel 3.

James Hetfield uses a Mesa and VH4 together to make one sound.

He even has 2 Fractal FX's units live for this purpose.

Ivan has covered the most range for me ( own every VH4 rig sadly)

But also i enjoy Kosten;s for metal..plus reamp zone (mesa 4X12 cab is killer)

Pete's VH4 was cool too for Rock.

Try Ivan's first, he never lets you down

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• ashtweth I purchased the Cili labs VH4 pack and tossed in the Engl Savage 120 pack for the hell of it (too cheap not to try) from Cili labs, will hopefully get to try it tonight when I get home. Still going to get the SFG VH4 pack when it drops and just picked up their Mark IIC+ pack today as well, figure either way I'll have the library of Hetfield tones completely covered 8o:thumbup:

Always happy to add the really good high gainers as I think I've got mid gainers complete and just need a few more cleans. 3 months into the Kemper and I'm still dialing in the tones I want. Already a ridiculous collection of amps / profiles.

• Great man!! charvel1984 Let us know how you go, premier profiles also have some heavy suited Vh4 but i think you will love Ivan the great the best because of the heavy tastes Brah. The Savage is awesome and one of my fav amps so that was cool to read haha

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.