High Gain Metal Tones

• Hello I am new to this and do not own a Kemper, but am thinking of purchasing one in the near future. Just trying to get more info on some things. I was wondering if anyone knows of any High Gain Patches for metal such as "Alpha Wolf" or "Sworn in" Tones. I am having clients trying to get that certain tone or ask me if I can get that High Gain tone and I having a hard time creating them on my set up now. Im just trying to see if the Kemper is good with high gain tones along the lines of that style of music or if there is any tips or tricks that I need to know before purchasing the Kemper.

Thank you.

• Welcome to the forum brother… As an old fellow I am into Van Halen, Lynch, John Sykes etc. etc. so I had to look up alpha wolf On YouTube, (I can’t stand cookie monster vocals)
    … But yes, the Kemper can do that guitar tone in spades, there are many many many beautiful high gain profiles that would suit for lower tuning etc. And also remain extremely tight…
    It’s a pretty incredible machine, I have owned it for five months now and there’s not a day that goes by when I don’t find something new that it does.

• I was wondering if anyone knows of any High Gain Patches for metal such as "Alpha Wolf" or "Sworn in" Tones. I am having clients trying to get that certain tone or ask me if I can get that High Gain tone and I having a hard time creating them on my set up now.

Sure you can get something similar close to those two bands with the Kemper. They sound like at least 95% of todays metal bands do anyway .That's why I can't stand todays metal bands. Well that's another story. I know your job is to deliver what the clients want. But don't be afraid to suggest and try something different too. It's dead easy to reamp with the Kemper.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• As said, there are loads of high gain profiles to choose from so not only will you be able to get close to those, but hundreds of other sounds. Persoanlly I use a few ENGL profiles which I find fat and tight

• Hello, I recently created some hi gain performances using stock amps in the KPA. The Bogner Ecstasy is great. I also used the Orange JR Terror and the Blackstar H1RT or whatever it is called. Also a Mesa Road King but I believe that was a Rig Exchange rig.

I am not familiar with the bands/songs you mentioned. However I would point out Matt Heafy and Trivium are now touring with Kempers so am confident with some tweaking you would find sonic metal nirvana however the stock rigs as set up won't do much for you.

• There are so many great free or pay high gain profiles that you probably will have to use a looper to try them all out instead of shredding your fingers off. :D

Once you have the Kemper, hook it up to a computer, loop some cool riffs, open Rig Manager on the computer, filter on something say 'Marshall', sort by gain and just enjoy hours and hours and eardrum-destroying beautiful sounds.

Copy your favorite few hundred onto the Kemper and mark them favorites. ;)

• There are so many great free or pay high gain profiles that you probably will have to use a looper to try them all out instead of shredding your fingers off. :D

Once you have the Kemper, hook it up to a computer, loop some cool riffs, open Rig Manager on the computer, filter on something say 'Marshall', sort by gain and just enjoy hours and hours and eardrum-destroying beautiful sounds.

Copy your favorite few hundred onto the Kemper and mark them favorites. ;)

On the contrary. The more you go thru the less of difference you will notice. That's the worst anyone can do. I know I've done that.

Henry David Thoreau

• for high gain profiles. sinmix and Reampzone are absolutely the best. very affordable too as well as many free profiles from them. just google them or enter into rig exchange. cheers.

Don't forget deadlightstudioprofiles.

Henry David Thoreau

• Can we please write a thousand posts in this thread and hope that it shows up in google?
    When I first searched for “kemper high gain” the autocomplete added “fizz” at the end and when you search for “kemper high gain” the first post that shows up is High gain profiles sound weak. Made me sweat like a whore in church when I got my Kemper, as I bought it for that main purpose...

• Made me sweat like a whore in church

:D:D I like that! I shall add it to my personal collection.

I learned about the Kemper in the context of high gain stuff, so for me there was nothing to worry about in the first place. But I can relate from other experiences. Good feeling to be proven wrong in a situation like this.

Whatever you need, KPA's gotchu covered. :thumbup:

• And not teaching grandma to suck eggs...

But 99% of heavy tones, which are 'mix ready' will sound rubbish by themselves - so don't be too disappointed if you buy commercial profiles and they don't sound as HUGE as you think they should...or if you try a highly recommended free profile...as a chap said above...when the kick and bass is there...it can all fit in beautifully and sound huge!

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• Hello I am new to this and do not own a Kemper, but am thinking of purchasing one in the near future. Just trying to get more info on some things. I was wondering if anyone knows of any High Gain Patches for metal such as "Alpha Wolf" or "Sworn in" Tones. I am having clients trying to get that certain tone or ask me if I can get that High Gain tone and I having a hard time creating them on my set up now. Im just trying to see if the Kemper is good with high gain tones along the lines of that style of music or if there is any tips or tricks that I need to know before purchasing the Kemper.

Thank you.

I’m a modern metal player and I can tell you that the Kemper does Metal better than any modeller I’ve ever owned. Prior to this I had the Axe Fx Ultra, Atomic Amplifirebox and Helix LT. The latter is excellent, but the Kemper is on another level in terms of sound, feel and response.

For metal tones, you can’t beat the SinMix Free Metal Pack. It contains 44 amps and 59 profiles. You could live on that alone, but it really does help you find what suits you best.

The commercial profile packs are only $10-20 each. Other profilers like, but not limited to; ReampZone, MattFigg, Lasse Lammert, Pete Turley, and 3 Sigma Audio are all must’s for high gain!

I’ve found plenty of excellent metal profiles on the free exchange too. Fortin based profiles, Peavey Invective, Bogner, Marshall, you name it!

Kemper KPA / Mooer Baby Bomb / Marshall MX212AR

Edited 2 times, last by calgaryben ().