This is the cabinet I will buy when I got the money !!!

• I finally choose this cabinet for my Kemper. I put money on the side for it. A bit expensive but hey thats what I want!
    The Atomic CLR

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Anybody here got this cabinet??? Are you satisfied?

Thanks

8)8)8) G Force

• I have 2 of them. While excellent as stage monitors for the KPA, they also excel as vocal monitors - really, monitoring anything. They have a flat broad projection that allows several singers to hear perfectly, without having to put up with "beamy" frequencies.

They are amazing as straight ahead PA speakers too, when pole mounted.

• So AGAIN it will cost me a lot of money $$$$
    But you know what i prefer to wait, put money on the side little by little , and then be very happy
    in the end after many months. Rather then buy now a cheap version and suffer the rest of the year til i sell it
    LOL

8)8)8) G Force

• Hiya - I play 2 in stereo. It is worth starving yourself for...and I applaud your thought process that applies to all gear purchases...wait and be satisfied...dont go for the quick fix!

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• Stay strong G-Force...there are alternatives that are cheaper that many people here love. The Yamaha DXR series and those new Headrush things - I am sure they are great, and having those options gives you some flexibility in price point in case you start getting too thin :)

I dont know what else you have...recording set-up/headphones etc...but with the CLR, it is great as it ticks so many boxes:

It is accurate (even) enough in frequency response, so that when you are tweaking your profiles, what you hear, really IS what is coming out of kemper.

Some people with excellent reference monitors in their studio may prefer to use that listening environment, but you can be confident that the sound you hear from your CLR is what is being sent to FOH. PA systems in venues will vary in quality, but you can be on stage feeling confident that you have sent them YOUR sound...how they then mess it up is our of your hands!! :)

It is loud enough to be your only backline if you play an absolute dirt hole that can't put anything other than vocals through the PA.

It can be used as a full PA (especially with 2 of them) for acoustic and singer type gigs.

It is light.

You can tell the sound guy to take all your guitars out of the venue provided monitors in front of you - that cleans things up massively. Even if they have a dedicated monitor engineer, just hearing bass/kick/bit of vocals from their monitors - and your tones from the CLR is amazing!

It also guarantees you have something to put your foot on when you are rocking.

Thats most important really.

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• Persoanlly I resent spending this amount on a cab ( they are really expensive in Europe).

I use a non powered PA speaker ( I tried lots) and I'm really happy ( I tested alongside a DXR10 and its pretty close)

That and a camper kit ( which I picked up second had built for £120) and that is excellent!

I still use my 4 x 12 which isn't as good but I know my out front sound is great, so I'm even happy with that.

There are loads of options and you can;t go wrong with a CLR...but the price...

• @V8guitar so which non-powered PA speaker did you end up with? Up to now I played with my Orange 212 cab, but now starting to use acoustic sound from my variax, for that of course the cab sounds like shit. So I look for a non-powered PA speaker/wedge. What can you recommend?

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Kemper Player, Seymour Duncan Powerstage, Orange PPC212, Suhr S.Henderson Strat, Fender Ultra Tele, PRS S2 Custom24, Variax JTV-69

• @V8guitar so which non-powered PA speaker did you end up with? Up to now I played with my Orange 212 cab, but now starting to use acoustic sound from my variax, for that of course the cab sounds like shit. So I look for a non-powered PA speaker/wedge. What can you recommend

Given I had no point of reference, I spoke to my local PA shop and I tried a yamaha dxr10 as that seemed to be the one many people on here recommended. I set up a good sound on that and then went through the whole shop trying different set ups, including the powered Alto's, EV's and a DXR 12 for comparison.

In the end I went for one of their own branded PA passive wedges so unless you are in the UK in Nottingham then I can't help :(

I would suggest you try to do the same - the reason you need to start with a DXR is that they are generally avaiable and if you haven;t used FRFR before, you need a starting point. Note I trashed all of my profiles because they sounded fine through a cab but rubbish through FRFR.

• I have been looking at a CLR Neo for a few years. I’m not satisfied with my DXR10...it’s ok I guess but I’ve never loved it.

Is there any good reason to go with the powered CLR over the passive version? My KPA is powered.

• I have been looking at a CLR Neo for a few years. I’m not satisfied with my DXR10...it’s ok I guess but I’ve never loved it.

Is there any good reason to go with the powered CLR over the passive version? My KPA is powered.

Good question.

I have a powered toaster.

But I thought....for tiny gigs or sat in your living room...it can be a PA. It has 2 inputs, so microphone and an acoustic guitar, etc.

Or you might go fractal in a 3 years when they release AXE FX 5...or your kemper dies at a gig and you need to borrow somebodies modeller etc etc...for me its worth the extra coin and it's future proof/flexible.

And for most people, that haven't invested a great deal in a home recording set-up....it will help you mix more accurate than your current headphones/speakers etc as it is quite flat as a reference speaker.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Modesty clearly isn't one of your skills ;)

Well let me rephrase that... (consider that english is my second langage and my humility was lost in the translation ;) I should say I never accept to sound like shit. The minute I am in that situation whatever it is I find a solution or get out of that. But I wont stay there in studio or on stage sounding like shit without reaction and accept that. Same thing with equipement , I wont buy something that sounds bad , if i buy a cab I want a cab that sounds very good, if its expensive I will put money aside til i get enough cash . But I wont rush to buy something cheap that makes me sound bad . I dont accept it. Period. I hope its clearer now...

• Don't you take anything back!

Do you think Motley Crue became millionaires because of their top skills?

Nope

R Kelly even had someone write him an entire song where he literally sung he was the worlds greatest...

Sell yourself mate!! Be proud!