What would you buy???

• So I have been thinking about purchasing a good ActiveSpeaker or going the other route and purchasing a good Cabinet to use with my PowerRack to get that traditional “Amp in the room” feel. I have up $1000 to spend. For those ofyou that have had the Kemper for a while, which direction would you go? Would you look more toward purchasing the Active Speaker / Cab such as the ASM-12 or Mission Gemini or the traditional route with a standard cab being feed by the power rack? I appreciatethe advice.

• You'll get enough different opinions here to make your head spin. We're all after different things, so IMO you need to find a store with as many options as possible and use your own ears.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• You'll get enough different opinions here to make your head spin. We're all after different things, so IMO you need to find a store with as many options as possible and use your own ears.

True and also the fact that we are doing different style of music... so sometimes advices are lost in the... transposition (My english improves I can make very subtle jokes ;) )

• Yeah, you need a cab with speakers that can handle moving AIR! :thumbup:

I use a pair of DXR10's, 1x12's, 2x12's, 4x12's and monitors. They all sound great in various config's!

Now there’s the response I was looking for, one of each LOL!!! I have really been looking at the DXR10’s as I’ve heard some nice things about them. Honestly, I have a Line6 Firehawk 1500 and it sounds amazing as an FRFR monitor but it’s unbelievably heavy to carry around. Thinking about unloading it and going with the DXR10’s. I’ll probably put the traditional cab on hold for now. Thanks man.

Sounds like a good plan but the closest store I have is Guitar Center and we both know how much gear they have in-house. When i’m Ready to go with the traditional cab i’ll See if a buddy has one to test;)

• Atomic CLRs in stereo for me.

Awesome.

Immensely practical with how small and light they are and sonically they have amazing clarity that lets you dial in the exact tone you will send to FOH and they let you monitor yourself on stage amazingly well.

I would buy them again in a heartbeat if needed. Kemper and CLR is the greatest gig rig ever. Portable and consistent.

That said, there is nothing better than my VH4 in front of two 4x12s...I just don't think when I play my big rig....I just play.

When I play Kemps through CLR at rehearsal...I am constantly analysing things. I am almost hearing stuff too well. Gigs - I am too busy trying to put on a performance that excites the girls in the crowd to analyse...but I HATE rehearsal with CLR.

Too much time to think.

I get to play LOUD for 3 hours a week on a Friday night with my band The Prophecy. I don't want to think...I want to rock!

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

Edited once, last by Greg ().

• You have the powerhead so seems to be a waste to go powered...

I would:

1) Get a regular cab with good celestions - £250/£300
    2) Get a PA speaker ( try some using a DXR10 as reference) - £200

Spend the rest on another guitar!

Seriously, I think the first chouice is FRFR vs regualr cab. FRFR is defiantely ( for me) better but then I go FOH direct anyway. Therefore my backline is less important.

Hence I generally use a 4 x 12 cab mainly for the look and a bit of backline and an FRFR occasionaly ( hence the speaker option) usually for smaller gigs..