• I think an excellent idea would be to add an option while profiling to capture how the amps eq behaves.

it could work by maybe doing three passes of each pot with the others turned right down e.g. first is bass at 0 then bass at 5 followed by bass at 10 before progressing to the next control.
    I think this would take things to the next level with amp emulation

• First of all, Kemper is not, I repeat not about amp emulation Everyone here would be happy if it was possible to make Kempers EQ section behave like on the real amps. If that was possible it would already been released in an fimware.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I think an excellent idea would be to add an option while profiling to capture how the amps eq behaves.

it could work by maybe doing three passes of each pot with the others turned right down e.g. first is bass at 0 then bass at 5 followed by bass at 10 before progressing to the next control.
    I think this would take things to the next level with amp emulation

There is a BIG problem with this theory. The TMB tonestack on mearly every valve amp is highly interactive. Settin say bass to 0 affects the performance of both the Treble and Mid pots too.

If you want to see it in action download the Duncan Tone Stack calculator and move any of the pots it’s actually fascinating to see (or maybe I’m just a nerd and need to get a life).

https://www.duncanamps.com/tsc/download.html

• The Duncan Tone Stack calculator is really fascinating. Seeing it really helped me to understand what was really going on when I tried to get good tones out of various amps. I actually like the Kemper EQ. When I switch to different amps I know exactly how the EQ will behave. No guessing games:)

Tone Junkie TV has a couple great videos on the Kemper EQ that helped me.

• I actually like the Kemper EQ. When I switch to different amps I know exactly how the EQ will behave. No guessing games:)

This is exactly what I said here a day or two ago, Meomy. 8o

The predictability alone speeds up work flow, but as a bonus, Kemper designed the EQ Stack's behaviour very-well IMHO.

• This is something I'd love to have. It'd be fairly complex but in theory if you captured an amp setup with knobs all set to 12 o'clock, and then profiled the amp with treble up, then bass up, mid up surely some information could be taken from this?

Even if there were two or 3 different profiles taken with slightly different amp setting and the user could morph between them it would give a bit more flexibility to those of us without amps to tweak and then profile.

Wouldn't bother me if this never happened or it was a ridiculous idea but I love the concept of the kemper growing in it's ability

• I think what you may be requesting is way beyond even the Kemper. Trying to capture eq settings on a continuous basis for each knob position in order to capture an eq behaviour may be equivalent to trying to capture a time based effect. ie not possible because in order to do so would require the Kemper to profile an almost infinite number of positions on each eq knob resulting in possibly thousands of profiles and then somehow morphing between each profile in real time depending on the position of the eq knob on the front of the Kemper. For that you would need a super computer and the ability to dial in each eq knob in micro movements. ?

It's best to treat the Kemper eq as a studio eq strip on a console after the micing of the amp. You won't effect any of the behaviour of the amp itself but you will affect the global eq of the mic recording the amp.