Add Beef and Thickness to Your Profiles

• So, maybe you have a profile that is really great but you wish it had just a little more weight to it. You can try raising the tone stack bass and mids but if that fails here is another more precise method to try.

Load a Studio EQ in the X slot, go to the first page, crank the low gain to 12, move the low frequency to around 100hz. Slowly sweep the frequency up and down until you find the frequency you are looking for. It will be exaggerated but that is the idea, to help you hear it better. Now lower the level to balance. You may need to do the same to the high frequency to balance out the tone. For the high possibly start 4k to 6k.

You can also do this with the mid parametric control in the Studio EQ. This will give you greater control with the Q for fine tuning.

Here is a quick example, I still think the edit is overdone but you'll get the idea:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Best,
    LiveReadySound

• Seems to me like this idea is effectively just "scoop your mids" - a low shelf and and a high shelf, both boosting slightly, with the overall level lowered to compensate, is going to be the same as pulling down everything in the middle. In fact, if you're putting the shelves at around 100Hz and 4-6kHz... that area in the middle is pretty much what the Mid knob on the the front of your KPA covers. (see the PDF in my signature, page 19).

• I really like using a Single Delay-mix around 15%-note value 1/16- (feedback & reverse 0%) then find the thick frequencies around 150 Low Cut and 800-1200 High Cut, stereo 100%, then every other parameter at 0. It’s subtle but it definitely seems to thicken up the tone favorably.

• Great tip...a video of you going through the process would be good also?

• This is a great tip, and if we ear the track in solo , it sounds better with more bass

I'd like to add that in the context of a mix (drum bass guitar etc) it might be very different . Then to reserve a sonic space to the bass player and avoid a big soup of boomy confusion, the cure could be the contrary to cut low frequencies on the guitar and let this space reserved for the bass part .

Trust me I've been in studio all my life

8)8)8) G Force

• I totally agree without GForce. Lowering the mids/adding high and low is great when playing alone (awesome with headphones). In a bandsituation you'd better add more mid to your sound. It makes you cut through the mix.