Any suggestions for more SUSTAIN please?

• Can you help me please?
    I'm looking for sound , solo, monophonic, to play long sustained notes, like a violin , not heavy distortion but more like Gilmour,
    long ambiant notes that sings and sustain forever....

Any suggestion on rigs for that? ( either to buy or to load from Rig exchange)
    Or otherwise any suggestion on how to program it myself on the kemper ? Maybe some stomps create that magic ?

Thanks a lot for your help

8)8)8) G Force

• The first thing I'd do is make your guitar action a bit higher than the no buzz limit if you haven't already.

Not sure if I understand ( and english is my second langage) The no buzz limit ? (you mean to adjust the truss road??? Or maybe input button where we can adjust the clean sen. and the distortion sens. ?
    Thanks anyway .
    Is there any rigs that sustain for ever on the market? Its hard to find.

• Have you tried using a compressor? You can put one in the 1st FX slot and there is one in the stack section. They add sustain. :thumbup:

Sure yes great idea. What is hard for me is find the right tone with it ... I got some sustain but the tone is distortion. It's too heavy . I'd like something more like a violin a tone that is not agressive.... to sing... at the limit just to give an extreme image I'd like a tone and a sustain to play Schindler list LOL very smooth gentle tone, no distortion, but also sustain like a violin... I can help with the pedal volume for the attack but the problem is not the attack as much as the sustain after.... like a ebow (remember that Robert Fripp riff on Heroes of David Bowie?) or Frippertronics sustain tone ? something like that....

• Not a Kemper suggestion, but have you looked at the new Electro Harmonix Triangle Big Muff Pi? You mention Gilmour and Fripp so this would be pretty much how to get there. Best I can tell from the demo this sounds very much like the original 70's version. Maybe it could be profiled into the Kemper as well.

• Here's a fiddle thing I found. 8)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Buy an Ebow!

I was expecting that joke or I should say that comment. But my goal is not to make long sustained notes one after another... its more like a violin, you play fast but land on a lonnnnnnng note. get it? For me music is not always fast or always slow....

This is why its hard with a delay with tons of feedback coz it wont work on fast passages....
    the goal is to make a fast passages and land on a very sustained notes

• Not a Kemper suggestion, but have you looked at the new Electro Harmonix Triangle Big Muff Pi? You mention Gilmour and Fripp so this would be pretty much how to get there. Best I can tell from the demo this sounds very much like the original 70's version. Maybe it could be profiled into the Kemper as well.

Thats a good idea as this pedal is considerd as violon like sustain but can play fast passages too

• I was expecting that joke or I should say that comment. But my goal is not to make long sustained notes one after another... its more like a violin, you play fast but land on a lonnnnnnng note. get it? For me music is not always fast or always slow....
    This is why its hard with a delay with tons of feedback coz it wont work on fast passages....
    the goal is to make a fast passages and land on a very sustained notes

You can use the Ducking parameter of the Delay to make the Delay quieter when you are playing many notes, and louder when you let a note sustain.

• Also make sure your nosie gate is low or off otherwise notes will be cut off prematurely.

Its a delicate balance between gain ( both pickups and preamp) , compression, vibrato and volume ( if you want to bring in feedback to help). delay is a great suggestion as well..

I know someone suggested an ebow partially as a joke but I have also used a sustainer which work really well into your playing...ok its cheating a bit but it does work.

@Finally was also suggesting your guitar needs t be set up properly to ensure nothing interferes with the sustaining note ( e.g. choking off ) which you need to double check else all the above will be a waste :)

• Ok. What I understand so far is you are looking for more sustain. I try not to joke.

Use the amp section. The compressor in the amp section is a cool tool. It‘s not working as a normal compressor ( read the manual about it).

For me it added sustain to some profiles. The sustain also depends on how loud you ate playing.

I also use a funny little stompbox called freqout from digitech in front of my kpa. YouTube is your friend.