Any suggestions for more SUSTAIN please?

• There is a Plus Pedal that loops part of the note imitating a piano pedal but digitally . Pretty artificial imho. The freq out seems more natural, but it's feedback rather. I haven't tried either, though. Compression may do the trick.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• +1 on the multiple compressor solution
    Use a clean profile that has the attack you want, put two compressors in the stomps section, adjust the compressor stomps and the compressor in the amp section to taste.
    Now, you will get noise, just like cranking the gain on a distorted amp, but can also use a noise gate, just set the gate so it doesn't cut off the sustained notes.

I tried this and it was fun to play around with.

Be Thankful.

• Not sure if I understand ( and english is my second langage) The no buzz limit ? (you mean to adjust the truss road??? Or maybe input button where we can adjust the clean sen. and the distortion sens. ?Thanks anyway .
    Is there any rigs that sustain for ever on the market? Its hard to find.

I just mean raise the action. Often people have their guitars set up so that they jjjjust don't buzz when played gently. When you go to hit a hard, sustaining note the string hits the frets, which steal a bunch of the sustain.

• I think I have kind of a solution , it's based on a morph reverse delay rig. Use one of the factory delay reverse preset or one of my pads ( on rigex )

ATM.JB.PAD me organ
    ATM.JB.PAD me shiny
    ATM.JB.darkpad

You'll have to work out the morph function in a way there is no delay on toe & full delay on opposite. Maybe add the upper compression trick as well on morph settings as well.

This way just use the morph pedal to have a normal attack or a violin one , but you'll have a slight latency, like a swell.

Good luck with the experiments, it's not that easy to setup & I have no time atm to do it.

EDIT more infos & clips here

• Thanks a lot I will try it out right now
    A slight latency doesn't bug me at all

G FORCE :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Thanks a lot I will try it out right now

no pb , you're welcome, but this option is better IMHO :

To sustain single notes in a phrase you could try to use the freeze or infinity function in the delays and control it with a momentary switch.

this is another way I make my pads, the freeze function is pretty underrated.

• Any example of what kind of sound you want to achieve?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hey guys and dolls,

here is a short example what happens when you put the Lead Booster in slot D in front of the amp.

Sustaiiiiiiiin......

Settings:

Tone 5.0, Mix 100%, Ducking 0, Volume +2,5

No freqout here, just the guitar and the kpa.

Ampprofile is a KSR Ares 50 watt (new profile pack from LRS Live Ready Profiles)

First part of my morphed profile is a rhytm sound. Morph pedal up is a solo sound with delay. After tzhat a short democlip with a backing track to show it in a mix (quick and dirty done in 10 minutes)

Cheers
    Frank

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Great player man !
    Yes the lead booster definitely helps
    Then just by changing the ampprofiles got different tones
    (Dont have the LRS but will check it out)
    I love to experiment with the Kemper and learn everyday
    Especially with great suggestions here

• Any example of what kind of sound you want to achieve?

Here is an example when you listen to Robert Fripp playing (start at 0.58)
    I dont talk about the background ambiant (which is nice )
    But I'd like to get that MONOPHONIC playing he improvise, with a tone that is not heavy, not a lot of distortion, I describe it as a violin, in the way that he combined fast and slow passage and when he land on a notes he got a beautiful sustain... I'd like to get something similar to that so if I put a pad progression on a keyboard, I can then be able to improvise on it , on a spacy atmosphere, nothing heavy ... thats the tone I research slowly I will find it with your help I am sure guys

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com

• Here is an example when you listen to Robert Fripp playing (start at 0.58)

This kind of fast attack vs long sustain may be a bit tricky to obtain , I don't see any better way than using an ebow on a long delay preset. But you'll have to master it , it not easy as you have to learn the reaction of the ebow regarding the distance between the strings, pickups and the bow itself. On top of that you'll have to tap the fast notes with left hand as you're holding the ebow.

This will be the most musical approach if you're into bow & violin attacks, but it's really rewarding as a whole new way of using your guitar.

here is a good example : he does not sustain notes often, but it's clearly the most easy thing to do with the bow ( you can sustain forever easily). tapping and getting a good articulation & tone is much more difficult.

External Content www.youtube.com