Any suggestions for more SUSTAIN please?

• But I'd like to get that MONOPHONIC playing he improvise, with a tone that is not heavy, not a lot of distortion

um, he's using a LOT of distortion/fuzz in the video.
    Neck humbucker, tone rolled down, complete control over the attack and all the strings at all times.

Muff like distortion/fuzz boxes do this very well, just keep the 'Tone' control low.

• RF used owned two Burns Buzzarounds that can give that violin like sustain and timbre. Takes practice, but it mastered them!

You gotta have the right guns when you enter the town of tone. And please, shoot ALL fanboys you come across!

• um, he's using a LOT of distortion/fuzz in the video.Neck humbucker, tone rolled down, complete control over the attack and all the strings at all times.

Muff like distortion/fuzz boxes do this very well, just keep the 'Tone' control low.

Yes I talked about ''woman tone '' in this discussion... the distortion serve the sustain but if you rolled down the tone you cut the distortion frequencies ... its less agressive ... you can use it in a gentle ballad.... I dont call it distortion then

• Yes I talked about ''woman tone '' in this discussion... the distortion serve the sustain but if you rolled down the tone you cut the distortion frequencies ... its less agressive ... you can use it in a gentle ballad.... I dont call it distortion then

rolling down the tone control cuts the high frequency content, but the mids, lo-mids, low frequencies still distort or saturate.
    It is still distortion, not calling it that only complicates the issue. ;)

• rolling down the tone control cuts the high frequency content, but the mids, lo-mids, low frequencies still distort or saturate.
    It is still distortion, not calling it that only complicates the issue. ;)

Call it the way you want dude I call it ''woman tone'' like many pros... Eric Clapton etc

Woman tone is achieved with the neck pickup on an electric guitar. Bass is turned down as far as possible on the tone control and turn volume full up. In the film Farewell Cream, available today on DVD, there is a segment where Eric Clapton explains this process and how he achieves woman tone.

Then do this and reach your goal.

You gotta have the right guns when you enter the town of tone. And please, shoot ALL fanboys you come across!

• Another approach , very musical and can also lead to lots of very interesting tones :

Jimmy Herring is using a volume pedal from the output of the Fender amp ( thru a specific device THD hotplate ) dialed to an AxeFX ( just for the verbs lol ) , then he controls the volume sent to another powered cab ( the reverb cab ). This is what he explains this great vid

It's much easier to mimic this on the KPA , just setup a morph rig on a looong verb , delay , or reverse delay ( or D+R ) and you're done :)

Enjoy these fantastic tones :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's really hilarious that he uses the AxeFx not for it's amp tones but just for the verb , what an overkill and funky solution 8o

• I'm sorry guys for my delay in answering. I've been out for some days. I studied on all tributes and suggestions and surely will try them except for the Big Muff. The only thing that's left for me from the seventies is a real EH Electric Mistress with original adaptor...

Thanks for all replies! I have a lot of homework now...

• I'm sorry guys for my delay in answering. I've been out for some days. I studied on all tributes and suggestions and surely will try them except for the Big Muff. The only thing that's left for me from the seventies is a real EH Electric Mistress with original adaptor...

Thanks for all replies! I have a lot of homework now...

Thanks well my posts always come back anyway... you know... cream get on top

• As some of the others have mentioned, getting smooth, sustained tones can be made much easier when playing loud. Many of the great guitar tones we love were recoded by players standing in the live room in front of a cranked amp, causing the guitar to interact massively with the amp.

As guitarists started to track guitars in the control room, it became common to split the sound to the main amp, mic'd in a separate room and also a small combo close to the guitar, with the gain higher than you'd choose.

Reamping with a cleaner tone can reduce the need for this if you've recorded at a decent volume.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.