[LRS] Free Profile Pack, Based on a Splawn Quick Rod

• I agree. @Locrain is making some really good demos! Profiles sound great too. Hopefully I'll get to try some of the new ones out soon.

Thanks Patrick, I appreciate that!

Yeah, he has been blowing me away, possibly even better than the original tracks :S:D

Hope you are healing well Patrick.

Well, I dunno about that...but they do sound pretty darn good sometimes. :D

All credit to LRS really, I pick a profile (or 2) I like, and lay down the tracks, I don't mess with the profiles at all usually, and I'm super happy with how they turn out. So if anyone hears the demos, and loves the tones, they can be yours as soon as you get the pack. I'm hardly using any post-processing at all anymore, so what you hear is pretty much what you get.

Tim rocks!

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stay tuned for more!

• I'm really liking this amp so far, again I had never heard of it until Tim showed it to me (I live under a quality rock). Really great for any type of high-gain tones, I really like how tight/dry it can be at times while still staying saturated and musical. Here are a few quick demos I did this morning, I really want to do some with my baritone to really show off the lower end of the amp, hopefully will do that in the next day or so, cause it sounds reeeaaaly good through it (the first clip Tim posted was done with the baritone).

External Content soundcloud.com

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• A high gain monster??

This is the MV30 04 profile, fat eq but I scooped the mids at 750 Hz a little and used my jem with the volume knob half open.....

This new amp from Tim will be a journey. After a short check of the first release I found so many gems in it that I have work for days....

• Excellent display of the possibilities! Bruce, thanks a million for those! For sure look forward to more with the Baritone!

Sounds smooth and FANTASTIC! Super playing! Just love it Frank!

Maybe everyone has saw my post in the tips and tricks section?? For two of the MV30 profiles I add the Beef/Thickness/Fat EQ Technique. Makes them real fun to play in the room. This EQ Technique is intended to be rig/guitar specific so be sure to play with the frequencies for the low and mid para eq. I will try to add this to future rigs so it is loaded.

• I am sure you guys know how I work by now.

You gotta be the hardest-working guy (or gal) in the scene man. I wish I had your work ethic. :D

Edit:...I know you're a guy. Just didn't want to exclude any women who sell profiles. But when I read it back... :D

• Ok, I managed to squeeze in one with the baritone tonight. Kinda sloppy, but you get the idea tone-wise. I'd like to find a track to do with some palm mutes and single note stuff, since this amp kills at that, but this definitely has some great big power chord tones.

Edit: I transposed the backing track down 1/2 step so it'd be in tune with my guitar in Studio One. Haven't done that before I don't think. It actually worked pretty well, no huge formant issues. I tried the same thing in Melodyne, and it was a complete absolute mess, basically sounded like a massive degradation in quality. Melodyne is the preferred tool for this as far as I know, wonder what I'm missing?

• Latest update MV 30 08

I called my tweak "ED". Profile is on the way to Tim

Pure cab is on in that rig! Guitar Jem 77 fp

• Ok, I managed to squeeze in one with the baritone tonight. Kinda sloppy, but you get the idea tone-wise. I'd like to find a track to do with some palm mutes and single note stuff, since this amp kills at that, but this definitely has some great big power chord tones.

Edit: I transposed the backing track down 1/2 step so it'd be in tune with my guitar in Studio One. Haven't done that before I don't think. It actually worked pretty well, no huge formant issues. I tried the same thing in Melodyne, and it was a complete absolute mess, basically sounded like a massive degradation in quality. Melodyne is the preferred tool for this as far as I know, wonder what I'm missing?

Awesome. Transoposing the backing track really does work well! Sounds just great all around!

Frank, you are amazing with effects and fingers :) Will post the rig in the next update! Thanks much!

• V2 is live, added 12 profiles using a Mesa 2x12 with V30/H30 and a Marshall 1961a with OLD GT75/V30.
    Power tubes profiled so far, KT88, 6550 and 6L6. More to come.

Just picked up the 1961a yesterday. Great cabinet. Was originally a 2x12 in a 4x12 enclosure. It was drilled for 4x12 and 2 old v30s were added to the old GT75s that came in it.

Also included is Franks ED preset!!!!

• Woooohhhhh

KSR and Petrucci lead sound with Petrucci delay

Here it is, take care of your loudspeakers!!! Awesome punch.

LRS Ares MV/H30 01 Jem v7wh, neck pu evolution, in my room this is a sound to die for. I used transpose at -2 (to D) in this tweak. Rig is on the way to Tim.