SOLVED Having issues with Kemper, Slight buzzing

• Hey guys, i hope someone can help me here. Just today, my Kemper has started producing a slight buzzing noise when playing. It's only noticeable when playing cleans but it's really annoying now that i've noticed it. I've tried different clean profiles, different leads, different guitars and the buzzing is still there. You have to listen carefully to hear it but now that it's come along its driving me insane!
    Does anyone have any idea what can sort this or has anyone experienced this before.

I'll put a link to a video i've done.

Youtube Video of Kemper Buzz

any help appreciated.

• Is the buzz still there when using headphones?
    I may be wrong, but it sounds like whatever speaker (or cables?) you are using is causing the buzz.

Yeah, i can hear it through headphones and when i'm listening through my laptop whilst recording :/ never had this before but it's just started happening today.
    nothing in my setup has changed but i've used different cables and it's still doing it. It seems to be that the issue is with the Kemper itself.

• Yeah, i can hear it through headphones and when i'm listening through my laptop whilst recording :/ never had this before but it's just started happening today.nothing in my setup has changed but i've used different cables and it's still doing it. It seems to be that the issue is with the Kemper itself.

That is really weird...it like some kind of digital clipping/distortion. Maybe someone has experienced this before and was able to fix it. Otherwise, you can always backup your rigs then do a factory reset.

• That is really weird...it like some kind of digital clipping/distortion. Maybe someone has experienced this before and was able to fix it. Otherwise, you can always backup your rigs then do a factory reset.

That's a good idea!
    I'll try factory resetting it tomorrow and see if it works, If it doesn't work, i guess i'll just contact Kemper or something.

• I hear it clearly

OK it can be the volume output of the guitar, it its at MAX volume turn it down a little and hear if it fix the problem... If its better you may conclude with adjusting the general noise gate a bit (left button)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: G FORCE, Intermediate

• Hey guys,

Thanks for all the help. I was just about to factory reset it but i thought i'd play around with the settings first just in case theres something i've overlooked.
    It turns out that somehow, the noise gate was on 10.00 and that was the culprit of the buzz / distortion.
    I'm not sure how the noise gate got to that level, I have been having issues with the gain sometimes adjusting itself but it must be happening with the noise gate as well i think. Regarding that issue, I was advised by someone at Kemper to factory reset it so it looks like i'll still be doing the factory reset anyway but I just thought i'd update you guys.

Either way, this issue is solved!! I couldn't be happier (even though i feel stupid as something as simple as a noise gate was causing it).

Thank's again for the advice, there is a great community with the Kemper.

Peace :thumbup:

• I hear it clearly

OK it can be the volume output of the guitar, it its at MAX volume turn it down a little and hear if it fix the problem... If its better you may conclude with adjusting the general noise gate a bit (left button)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: G FORCE, Intermediate

Good call, Man!!

• So glad you figured it out brother! That’s fantastic…
    You might want to add the word ‘SOLVED’ to your thread title, just to let people know that if they have a similar issue they can look up this thread for the solution,
    Enjoy the great tones, it’s a fantastic machine…
    KEITH

• Good call, Man!!

Thanks man ! I spent my life in studio and faced a lot of problems ;)
    Not an expert yet with the kemper but a lot of sounds problems are alike
    I noticed also here that half of the problems are around the Kemper not the Kemper itself`
    (exemple : latency created by the audio card not the Kemper etc)