Choose/find rig

• Hei
    I love my Kemper, and i find new things every week.

I have created a rig for each song, and now i got 50++ different rigs.

When we go to consert i having trouble findig the rigth song fast.

I can use the remote and slide through all song until i find it.
    Or i can use the rig button on the Kemper.

Is there a faster way to find this?

Is there also a way to setup an setlist over the songs that that we would play?

• Any reason you have 1 rig per song? Are they that different, given each rig you can morph almost any setting, add up to 8 effects etc?

I personally use a few core sounds ( Clean, driven clean, Dry Rhythm, Rhythm with effects and solo) add effects during a song. I use performance mode to mange all of this, so much easier than browse..

I only have a few songs with specific sounds, but they are the exception.

• Duh, I meant to say "Performance" above just like @Wheresthedug suggest.

Performance 21 for song 1, 22 for song 2, etc.

It also has the added benefit that you can have 5 rigs inside each Performance so if you need something for a solo in a song, that can have a completely different rig.

• Our band is using Bandhelper to manage and share notes, text, recordings, setlists. Each song in Bandhelper is associated with a MIDI preset, which sends MIDI bank select and program change to load the corresponding Performance in the PROFILER via wireless MIDI. I then use the Remote for interventions within a particular song/Performance. So, if any member of the band has created a new setlist in Bandhelper I just need to select that one and I'm done.

• Via Bluetooth. I use a Yamaha MD-BT01 in the rehearsal room and a Quicco mi.1 at home. I just need to plug one of this into the MIDI sockets of the PROFILER and select it in the BandHelper menu on my iPad. I read, that other users got this also working under Windows.

• Duh, I meant to say "Performance" above just like @Wheresthedug suggest.

Performance 21 for song 1, 22 for song 2, etc.

It also has the added benefit that you can have 5 rigs inside each Performance so if you need something for a solo in a song, that can have a completely different rig.

Thats a lot of different sounds then. Wow! I'm way too simple :)

• Any reason you have 1 rig per song? Are they that different, given each rig you can morph almost any setting, add up to 8 effects etc?

I personally use a few core sounds ( Clean, driven clean, Dry Rhythm, Rhythm with effects and solo) add effects during a song. I use performance mode to mange all of this, so much easier than browse..

I only have a few songs with specific sounds, but they are the exception.

I'm with you on that. I have my main performance with a clean and 4 different levels of increasing gain. Most of them are Friedman BE. Morphs on all of them with boost, delay, etc for leads. Then I do have just a couple "signature" sounds (Van Halen and Randy Rhoads) on a separate performance.

I get that it would be cool to have a different performance set up for each song but I'm in a cover band and we play about 45-50 songs a night. That might work if we never strayed from the setlist but we do. It's just not practical. Nor is it necessary since I love the tones that I use as my main rig. Not to mention, getting all of your volumes the same across every performance.....that would be hell on the sound man!

• @Southdakota I would imagine that in a case like that the software that Burkhard mentioned would be pretty useful. Just touch which song is played next and the MIDI command to switch to that performance/rig would be issued automatically.

On the other hand I am myself the lazy type, I would probably just have one performance with the 5 rigs (the max I think I could memorize :D ). Normal tone, Lead tone, Clean tone, Special 1 and Special 2 tones.

• @Southdakota I would imagine that in a case like that the software that Burkhard mentioned would be pretty useful. Just touch which song is played next and the MIDI command to switch to that performance/rig would be issued automatically.

On the other hand I am myself the lazy type, I would probably just have one performance with the 5 rigs (the max I think I could memorize :D ). Normal tone, Lead tone, Clean tone, Special 1 and Special 2 tones.

Its not just calling it up though, its about management of all of those slots. Like @Southdakota I have some of my fav rigs just set up. I can;t imagine sorting out a new rig or mulitple rigs for each song.

I treat mine like a very good multichannel amp, using the core sounds and adding bits where necessary. I too have a Van Halen patch - don;t do any more Randy Rhodes else I'd also make an exception there :)