Noob here - how do I clear the "Paste Buffer is Empty" popup?

• Ok, so I've got this thing. I do the set up with the date and my name, and immediately after I get this popup saying that the paste buffer is empty. I can't see any of the menus underneath it. How do I acknowledge or clear this message? Paste buttom is lit up too....

Thanks! :)

• What if you unplug the unit from the main power for at least 30 - 45 mins.
    It has helped a few users when the KPA would not boot up at all anymore. Grasping at straws here, but who knows - it might help?

Please also contact support about this in any case.

• We had a few bugs before where they forgot to program a display where you would have to click on 'done' or 'ok'. Although the accordings button were active they just were not displayed. Done or ok are usually the buttons directly above the display, next time you get the errormessage you could try to push these buttons, as a guess, maybe that helps.

• We had a few bugs before where they forgot to program a display where you would have to click on 'done' or 'ok'. Although the accordings button were active they just were not displayed. Done or ok are usually the buttons directly above the display, next time you get the errormessage you could try to push these buttons, as a guess, maybe that helps.

Hmm....I think you may be on to something, because I get no response from the top right button above the display for anything, even setting up my information upon initialization.......I must mention that to support. The only way I can enter my information is by using the page keys, but I can never get the "Let's Go" button to activate......

• That's odd. Sounds l ike there is a button not reacting or any button rests in pressed position. Is there any button or knob that feels wrong when you press/turn it? Did you find a thread here in ghe forum about Armins recovery-site? You could try the described initialize step, holding button upper left above the dislay, and init in the memory menu.

• I'll definitely check out that website. No solution yet from support, he's going to take it back to the designers and get their thoughts..... :(

• It is too bad that Timo here and in other threads writes "no, never" but gives no suggestion to solve the issues. :S

Yes, I don't understand this as well.

No. Definitely not.
    Timo

Timo, if you're going through the trouble to comment on what won't work, why don't you go all the way and suggest what would work? Or maybe let us know why what guitarnet70 suggested will "definitely not" work?
    Same thing in the other thread...

• When timo is part of the team, it's not his idea how to communicte and how far he can go with unsure suggestions. Don't exspect from the team posting like everybody else here, they have other conditions.

• Timo, if you're going through the trouble to comment on what won't work, why don't you go all the way and suggest what would work? Or maybe let us know why what guitarnet70 suggested will "definitely not" work?
    Same thing in the other thread...

Resetting the global settings will not help solve a "sticky" button. I wrote that function, I know what it does.
    My post was short, maybe too short, but what I wanted to express is: All this "press this or that on bootup", which is posted, including inconsistent naming of the buttons, does more damage than help. I just was annoyed that under every trouble report, some users propose this without having any clue.
    Usually, it does not help, since it is designed for a very special situation (corrupted data so the unit does not boot at all). On the other hand, it destroys the user settings like user and device name, leading to a situation where people might forget to reenter their name or reenter it different, so Rigs and Profiles from the same person have different tags, so entropy grows.
    We discussed this intensively with the support people and we all will try to be more specific.
    So, sorry for being too short, I hope this post clears it up a bit.
    Timo

• Point taken, Timo. But not knowing how the OS is structured and looking at the consistent number of issues that could be resolved in the past by doing this, is getting quite an habit to try it out when something goes wrong. We are all missing a bit more of communication from the team on these pages (not from support, that is excellent), and all what we have here is the support of other forumites (special mention for Armin) investing time investigating what works or not in a trial/error process.
    Good to know that we have to re-enter the User data when making a System cache reset, thanks for the info! :thumbup:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff